This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

"Radar Disconnected"

During a ride the radar disconnects by itself sometimes up to once an hour. I have to turn off the RTL510 and on again to reconnect

Any ideas?

Garmin edge 1030 is my bike computer
  • This sounds like something I would like to try as they have not fixed it yet!

Is there a "downgrade" guide or anything like that? I guess it needs to be connected via Garmin express?

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 3 years ago

Same problem.  Edge 830, Varia 510.  Varia randomly disconnects from both the Edge 830  and the Varia Vision from time to time.  Usually it reconnects itself within a minute, but it's really frustrating when riding in the city. 

• I just had this happen to me and it happened right when I activated my Venu2+ to check the time while riding. FYI

• My varia 515 disconnects constantly on my rides. Reconnecting does not help. I contacted Garmin. This is a software issue and they are working on it. It will probably be several weeks. 

• Do you also get the message 'Sensor Error 0:FC'?  Mine does.  I'm also in communication with Garmin and they also told me it's a software problem.  The weird thing is my son's 510 has no issues whatsoever, so does my previous 515 which I had to exchange it due to a worn out battery.

• Edge 830 with rtl515. Pretty much brand new devices with latest software. «Sensor Error 0:FC» 4 times over a 2 hour ride. 

• Edge 1040 Solar and 540 with rtl515. Pretty much brand new devices with latest software. «Sensor Error 0:FC» many times over a 2 hour ride. 

• I'm not sure if anyone else has seen this behaviour, but I've noticed that I get the 'Radar Disconnected' (then reconnects immediately) messages WAY more when I'm riding with the sun behind my back and maybe off to the side especially with trees casting shadows that I'm riding through. I know, sounds weird and I only have a sample size of one, but I've been watching this on a few rides and it seems somewhat consistent. Dunno.

On another note, this seems like a new phenomenon with the new radar unit I bought (the old one's battery died). It's the same one as my last one, just new.

• Had this exact thing happen to me last night. Sun was behind me on my cycle home late evening, and radar randomly disconnected and then reconnected. I’ve only had the radar and the 1040 2 months, and it’s happened a couple of times now, and now you mention it, only when it’s been very sunny Shrug

• Maybe we're onto something here, ! ;)