data overlay some times works

HI i have bought the RCT715, and used it for the first time the other day,   when looking back at the footage   the  GPS and speed was on for some of my ride,  i turned the unit off at a cafe stop to save battery,  then turned it back on again  when we left,

the footage before the cafe has the GPS and speed overlay,  then after the cafe it does not.  is there a reason why that would be?

i have it paired to a edge 1040.

thanks

• Hi, yep 100%. Took it out the other day, app not used, linked to my head unit, tracked speed and gps perfectly. Seems to be hit and miss whether it decides to work or not. 

• I just purchased my Varia RCT715, radar paired OK with my Garmin 830 first ride. Radar is great, Video does not have any overlays other than the basic time. No GPS or Speeds.

I did have the light not paired with my 830 (I was trying to pair this to my Forrunner 955) but seems that didn't work either so how now checked and made sure both the light and radar are paired to the 830. Any ideas, has anyone solved this?

• I have raised a ticket with support.  My *hunch* is that GPS and Speed overlays are only supported on *40 devices, and even then given the problematic pairing behaviour of the light function that it will only work if you have a 100% pair.  (Radar and Light paired on *40 device).  Often on my 1030 plus only the radar connects without following the re-pairing instructions.

• Howdy,

I have just had a confirmation that the only Edge devices supported for this feature are the *40's series.  540, 840 and 1040.  Which explains why my 1030+ doesnt work without the App.