data overlay some times works

HI i have bought the RCT715, and used it for the first time the other day,   when looking back at the footage   the  GPS and speed was on for some of my ride,  i turned the unit off at a cafe stop to save battery,  then turned it back on again  when we left,

the footage before the cafe has the GPS and speed overlay,  then after the cafe it does not.  is there a reason why that would be?

i have it paired to a edge 1040.

thanks

• It had been an off and on issue since I got mine.  Seems more stable now with version 5.10 that also shows the closing speed of the vehicles. Only issue I had with that version was that it turned off "Recording" when I installed it. 

• I have noticed the same issue switching off RCT715 during coffee break, then overlay will not work as it did before. Seems to be a bug. I'm also using Edge 1040

• Same issue here. It's stopped doing GPS and speed overlay and I can't get it back on! Using Edge 840

• I can't get it to work with my wahoo element bolt version2

• I just submitted the following support ticket to Garmin:

"hi, I have recently purchased an Edge 540 to use with my Varia RCT715. Pairing and functions all good however the GPS coordinate, bike and vehicle speed data overlay does not work. I have enabled all the relevant settings and preferences in the Varia mobile app. I was previously using a Wahoo computer however I specifically purchased the Edge 540 in order to get the data overlay without having to use my phone's varia app during my ride to achieve having the data overlay in my footage. Furthermore, the data overlay feature does work when my phone is connected however this function periodically drops off and the connection is lost. The data overlay is sporadically present in some footage during some of my riding but not there for the majority of it. I purchased the Edge 540 specifically to use with the Varia RCT715 to be able to have data overlay without the need to have my phone connected."

• I just submitted the following support ticket to Garmin:

"hi, I have recently purchased an Edge 540 to use with my Varia RCT715. Pairing and functions all good however the GPS coordinate, bike and vehicle speed data overlay does not work. I have enabled all the relevant settings and preferences in the Varia mobile app. I was previously using a Wahoo computer however I specifically purchased the Edge 540 in order to get the data overlay without having to use my phone's varia app during my ride to achieve having the data overlay in my footage. Furthermore, the data overlay feature does work when my phone is connected however this function periodically drops off and the connection is lost. The data overlay is sporadically present in some footage during some of my riding but not there for the majority of it. I purchased the Edge 540 specifically to use with the Varia RCT715 to be able to have data overlay without the need to have my phone connected."

• Same issue  for me, following this thread

• Same problem here with a garmin edge 520.
    Speed data overlay is not working all the time / settings are not changed so Garmin should probably work on a solution at the firmware level.

• Do you need a Garmin computer for these or can you use a Wahoo Elemnt Bolt?

• It seems I am not the only one with this overlay of GPS data and speed data not showing up in the videos or on and of. 

Writing this I turned of the battery optimize of my phone, but is the radar not the problemQuestion