it's worth buying now or wait ?

hi everyone, it's worth by this gps now or waiting for the explore 3 ? I use wahoo and I'm planning change to Garmin, .

• Many thanks for your input, yes, I planning make some test before I depart from far north, I going pass many isolated areas and I no want problems, in last case scenario I have the routes also on komoot offline maps, if the ee2 fail...I have a backup.

many thanks again.

• Have fun. And don't buy a Garmin model that's just come out. They have a reputation of putting out flawed models and degrading their first costumers to beta testers. The EE2 is tried-and-tested. It's a good choice.

• Edge 1050 should be named 1040 Plus, because it came out 2 years later after 1040 just like 1030 and 1030 Plus. 1040 will also have most of the functions of 1050. I think Explore 3 is not coming out soon, maybe 2 years later.

• Overall, it is a device stripped of many features, yet riddled with bugs. Updates often do not solve problems, yet introduce new ones. For a device oriented toward exploring and navigation, it is missing a bunch of functions other Garmins have. Easy to hate, difficult to love.

• Can u please tell me witch model of Garmin have features for exploring and navigation this ee2 not have ? And how much I need to pay more than £249 to have acess to that functions ? Many thanks.

• https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2022/07/garmin-edge-explore-2-in-depth-review.html

How does it differ from something like a higher-end Edge 1040? Well, there’s a lot of differences (far more than I list below), mainly around physiological metrics (e.g. Strain or Training Load/Recovery), but also more advanced features like displaying of Cycling Dynamics data mid-ride (the Edge Explore 2 does record it for later though, for display on Garmin Connect). However, here’s the quick and dirty version:

– Price – $299 vs $599
    – Edge 1040 display is bigger
    – Edge 1040 has Solar option ($749)
    – Edge 1040 has power pins on underside (Edge Explore 2 only does in Power Bundle models)
    – Edge 1040 has Strava Live Segment support, Edge Explore 2 does not
    – Edge 1040 has structured/downloadable workout support, Edge Explore 2 does not
    – Edge 1040 has multiband/dual-frequency GPS, Edge Explore 2 does not
    – Edge 1040 allows numerous activity (ride) profiles, Edge Explore 2 only allows three profiles
    – Edge 1040 has a boatload of different training load & recovery metrics
    – Edge 1040 has new Stamina feature for mid-ride pacing
    – Edge 1040 has Power Guide (also for ride pacing)
    – Edge 1040 has WiFi sync, Edge Explore 2 has no WiFi
    – Edge 1040 has open ANT+ Gear Shifting support, as well as proprietary Shimano Di2 shifting support
    – Edge 1040 has extended display mode (for watches), whereas Edge Explore 2 does not)
    – Edge Explore 2 has ‘Guest Mode’, whereas Edge 1040 does not (allows someone to use unit without dorking up settings)

• I don't think you should buy this device.
    It's full of limitations and basic things don't work properly on it. (inaccurate thermometer, inaccurate altimeter)
  • Take it; it's perfect for bike touring/bikepacking. I've just completed a 2100km trip to the Baltic Sea, and EE2 was my best companion throughout.

• Many thanks for the Feedback 

I'm glad you make the type of trips normally I do and you no have any problems, and off course I can imagine the 1040 is better gps...

but the price of the 1040 I can buy 3 ee2.

the only feature I love to have on ee2 is the solar option, I know, it's impossible. i just buy the Cuktech 20 and I can charge the ee2 at the final of each Day, because have days I no have acess to campsites or b&b.

The features I love on 1040 is the solar option, the 64gb memory, the bumper and the special gps mount come in the package , I can secure on the handlebar and bring the position of the gps to the Steam.