Connecting to Mahle X35+

I have a Mahle X35+ powered ebike. Mahle's My Smartbike app talks to it no problem. Explore 2 fails to see it. Has anyone successfully connected the Explore 2 to a X35+ system? If so, please explain how.

• has anyone connected edge 2 to any non garmin kit? I'm not buying ay more garmin gear, better off just using my mobile fone.

• Same here...not a lot of help anywhere.(Nov23)  Good luck in your quest.

• So, I did get it working, here's what I did: first I checked the ANT+ activity on the bike (ANT+ USB stick and IPSensorman app - showed that ANT+ was alive on the bike. Still no go from explore2. Second I thought if anything will work it should be the Mahle Pulsar one device, I bought one. It talked to the bike immediately. And the explore2 now talked to the bike also. So end result is I am now happy my explore2 works with the bike. No thanks to garmin support who just pointed at 3rd party (bike manufacturer/Mahle. A little thanks to Mahle support over the course of my fun with this, slow response but did not get to a result. My thoughts on root cause are that the Mahle configuration was not road ready, but the mahle pulsar one did not care and effectively made it ready. I suggested to mahle that they should give more engineering capability to customers since cycle retail channel seems to have no idea when it comes to ANT+ electronics and interfacing.

• What's the Explore 2 firmware version you are running ?

• All I can find is the "Software Version" displayed in Express.  It is currently 19.21

Sorry about the delay in response - I'd given up and haven't been monitoring this forum.  I've only just returned to finding a solution.

• I was dealing with an issue of connecting a Garmin 530 to my Cannondale with X35 and it did not work.  For the heck of it I tried it on my wife's Scott with X35 and it worked just fine.  After calling Mahle support, I was able to get an answer to the problem.  As it turns out, the Garmin needs Ant+ and an earlier (pre around 2021) X35 will only support Ant.  Mahle has a dongle that will take care of upgrading to Ant+ if you want to spend around $90.  The part number for the dongle is GXA and you can get it at BikeMan.com.  Since you are connecting it to where the wire from the battery goes to the control button, I am not sure if you might need some kind of a splitter to insert the dongle.  I am not going to spend the $90 so my help ends here.

• Mine is the X35+ version.  I took the bike back to the retailer and after much mucking around they changed the ba it turns out that if I connect to the bike with the phone app and then with the Garmin it will connect.  This is sort of in keeping with the poster who found his worked after connecting to the Pulsar.  It is truly a black art.