Cannot Clear "E Bike battery low" warning

I have an ebike with a Mahle ebikemotion x35+ system and a range extender battery. If either of these batteries drops to a low level a pop-up appears saying the battery is low (can't remember the exact words)

The pop-up can be cleared but it immediately re-appears. There does not appear to be a limit on the number of times this loop can repeat. Switching off the ebike or switching off and disconnecting range extender battery or both makes no difference - the pop-up re-appears. Through some rapid finger action it is just possible to stop the ride and save it. Then switching off the Edge Explore 2 and re-starting it clears the error message, although it will re-appear if the low battery state still exists.

A very annoying state of affairs...

1. This pop-up renders the unit useless when riding as it blocks the bottom of the screen, preventing access to the menu and disables the swipe left and right 

2. The whole point of the range extender battery is that it empties first to maintain the level in the main battery...

3. Its a redundant alert as the device displays remaining range

(All devices have the latest firmware)

Anyone know how to disable battery alerts? or know of a workaround.

Thanks

• I approached Garmin Support, this is the highlight...

"So, Garmin devices reflect the behaviour on behalf of third party units. IF a third party device is constantly prompting a low battery, then the Garmin device will reflect that and let it's user know. Behaviour like this being exhibited is more likely to come from a third party source than from the edge unit directly."

"I can get this raised further - so long as we have a video of the behaviour - but I'm not 100% confident it's something that we'll be able to fix, as there's a decent chance the problem is stemming from another source."

As many other types of alerts can be disabled I then asked if a change request could be raised so that this alert type can be disabled.

To make progress down either route we'll need video of the issue.

• So I have a 1030 plus and same thing happened to me this morning. Sooooo annoying being constantly told your battery is "critical" even though you have a range extender. Would this alert still pop up if you removed the battery % data field and just left the "travel range"?

• I finally manged to capture the issue on video so have submitted it to Garmin support. Interestingly the low battery warning continues to appear and re-appear even when the e-bike is no longer connected to the head unit. In my case the e-bike was switched off and is now about 100m away from the head unit but I still get the same looping issue. The suggests to me that the issue is with the head unit.