Wifi not working

I realized that the WiFi connection does not properly work. 
Komoot connection and download of courses works only when my iPhone phone connected via Bluetooth is near. 
With the 830 Wi-Fi worked seamless. Just double checked both devices beside each other at the same place in the same network.

during setup procedure the Wi-Fi connection seems properly set up with no error message. I can see this also in the protocol of the router. But during later use I found out that neither Komoot, AccuWeather or any other online functionality of the edge 840 is working without the iPhone being connected via Bluetooth. Also the Wi-Fi icon in the top row of the screen never appears in bright white color  just in grey the first 20 seconds after switching the Garmin on  

I‘m really disappointed that on a 600€ device the simple Wi-Fi connection doesn’t work as it used to do a n the predecessor. 
I hope somebody from GARMIN reads this forum and takes care to fix this essential topic ASAP. 

• FINALLY - just got the 20.18 update and for the FIRST TIME EVER my device WiFi synced with no issues!!

• Is that a beta firmware? No updates are showing on mine.

• Got my 840 a week ago (on the latest firmware). Wifi syncing worked fine until today. But today, when I got home and turned on Wifi (I have it turned off during my rides) to upload my ride, I got a "Syncing failed" error message (multiple times). Interestingly, however, the ride actually uploaded in spite of the error message

• After seeing your post, I got my hopes up and was able to update to 20.19.  Unfortunately, I still got "Sync Failed" after trying WiFi sync.

So, just for grins, I removed my network and re-added it (directly on the device).  It found the network and re-added it successfully.  Unfortunately, WiFi sync failed again!!

Grrr....

• The same. Updated to 20.19 and was disappointed to see Wi-Fi not working still

• What is really don't understand is why my new 840 synced just fine for the first 7 days, and then started producing the sync failed error?

• I recently got a 1040 - same issue with multiple networks (Router at home, router at work, hotspot from laptop, hotspot from iPhone etc.). Tried various passwords, network settings etc. Absolutely no chance to get the sync over WiFi working. 

• Hi

I just upgraded from a 830 to the 840 and have this exact same wifi sync problem. Adding and removing SSID from both device and Garmin Connect didn’t help at all.

Already running latest 20.19 firmware. 

This feature was working fine on the 830. What is happening at Garmin?? 

• This issue has come, gone and unfortunately has come back again (my device is 540 running latest FW).  Sigh.  So I looked in the log data and perhaps this is a potential clue: It looks like a binary file called IN.BIN that should be in the "Garmin\Wifi" folder (reference log data below) seems to be missing.  Sure enough I looked when I attached the device to my computer and while I do have an OUT.BIN file I do not have an IN.BIN file.  I have no idea what these files are or how they are created but perhaps if somebody is successful in syncing over wifi they can post if they have both of these files in Garmin\Wifi.

2024-03-23 17:27:18.0944 |  1 | I | TEA[] - Starting to load wifi data from existing files.
    2024-03-23 17:27:18.1133 | 22 | I | OperationStatus[] - ReadWifiOperation_3468746828 setting phase to Copying.
    2024-03-23 17:27:18.1133 | 22 | I | ReadWifiOperation[] - Reading from Wifi file at Garmin\WIFI\OUT.BIN on device 3468746828
    2024-03-23 17:27:18.1133 |  7 | I | ReadWifiOperation[] - Reading from Wifi file at Garmin\WIFI\IN.BIN on device 3468746828
    2024-03-23 17:27:18.1133 |  7 | I | OperationQueue[] - Removing operation Garmin.Omt.Service.Operation.Wifi.ReadWifiOperation from queue.
    2024-03-23 17:27:18.1274 |  1 | I | TEA[] - Wifi: IN file could not be read

• I have exactly same issue, new Garmin 840 with 20.19. WIFI isn't working.

It connects successfully during wifi setup (at least it says that it was successful), but no actual connection. It's been a year since first post and Garmin can't figure out how to fix it? Shame and disappointment...