This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

15/20 SECONDS GRADIENT LAG. TEMPERATURE DISPLAYING 2/4 C DEGREES HIGHER

I'm still waiting for a response from Garmin DE service if they will fix the gradient and the temperautra display. I HAVE BEEN ANSWERED ONCE with a generic answer of restarting your device. I am still waiting for a decent answer commensurate with the money I have spent on this faulty device.

Same problem with gradient in edge 830. It has got about 15/20 seconds lag.The function of displaying the room temperature is also disappointing, about 2/4 Celsius degrees higher than real temperautre.

I prefer to return this device and buy an older one that works well. Does anyone know of an older model that does not have these faults?

I think that all the failures are due to the change of the GPS chip for the Sony chip that consumes less battery but is less precise

• This is a official Garmin forum, so here I ask GARMIN public way for everybody know the Garmin reality. Garmin members answers in this forum when they want. In 1030 plus forum a Garmin member wrote that they have opened a ticket for Gradient lag . So here they have another chance to be honest.

For really I will writing here about this all the time I want , until I get bored.

• To be honest I had missed to spot this thread before posting here https://forums.garmin.com/sports-fitness/cycling/f/edge-530/168009/understanding-climbpro-on-the-edge---updated-for-build-5-50/1232704#1232704 about my lag.

This experience was a bit differen, because more displayed data had an offset vs the factual data, both the elevation chart, andthe gradient. As if I had been in another location being offset with the same distance from the real location. On the other hand the elevation displayed was correct.

• 1030 shows 4 degrees less than 830.. what competitor?

So you pay 600 eur and your aspect that it will not display corect the temperature?

Sory mate but you have low aspectation 

• GARMIN Two months and we are still waiting answer.

• The comments from the Garmin apologists about how accurate and responsive these units can and can’t be are, in my opinion, very far off.  I’ve just purchased an Edge 830 — my 11th Garmin device, and sixth Edge device — and the responsiveness of the gradient reading is far, far slower than what it is on my OG Edge 705, Edge 800, and my two Edge 500’s. And all of those devices are 8 to 12 years old.  They all respond nearly instantly to changes in road gradient, and do so in an accurate and consistent manner.  I’m not sure if the devices are using GPS or the barometric altimeter to calculate gradient, or maybe a combo of both, but the reading on the 830 is trash.

The whole device, in general, seems to be terribly laggy.  Power readouts from both my ANT+ SRM powermeters are super laggy — any increase or decrease in effort takes seconds to register in the display, whereas on the 500 and 800 it’s instant.  And, no, I’m not using 3s smoothing or anything like that.  Even the cadence readout is super slow...if I’m pedaling along at 95 RPM then start coasting it takes nearly 5 second for the 830’s cadence field to display 0, whereas on the others it’s, again, immediate.

The temperature displayed on my 830 is also wildly off. I did an entirely shaded mountain bike ride today — under a forest canopy the whole ride (and it was overcast, anyway) — with the device on my handlebars getting great air flow, and I got temperature readings as high as 111F, when it was actually 83-86F during the ride. The unit’s been sitting on a table in my house for the last hour, untouched. It’s nighttime, so no sun shining in it, and it’s showing 89F.  My house is currently sitting at 72F inside.

I’ve had other problems with the touchscreen being unresponsive for like 20 seconds at a time, map scrolling nightmares, route display errors, WiFi that does nothing, etc.  Garmin’s always used its customers as de facto beta testers, but damn this thing’s been out for over two years and has had innumerable firmware updates, yet it’s a POS software-wise, even compared to 10+ year old Garmin devices.  As always, Garmin seems to be more interested in implementing half-baked stupid *** features (phone message notifications, live Strava segments, mtb “grit” and “flow” metrics, voice prompt navigation, Varia light control, traffic radar, InReach control, accident detection, sharp bend warnings, color “themes”, all kinds of other completely stupid “connectivity” features, etc) instead of delivering core features that are actually needed and work.

• We are still waiting answers, solutions

• Garmin  swindler. Bring back the money to us

• Come on guys, this is a bike computer ... dont overthink it ... dont like it sell it

• Have you contacted Garmin?