This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

15/20 SECONDS GRADIENT LAG. TEMPERATURE DISPLAYING 2/4 C DEGREES HIGHER

I'm still waiting for a response from Garmin DE service if they will fix the gradient and the temperautra display. I HAVE BEEN ANSWERED ONCE with a generic answer of restarting your device. I am still waiting for a decent answer commensurate with the money I have spent on this faulty device.

Same problem with gradient in edge 830. It has got about 15/20 seconds lag.The function of displaying the room temperature is also disappointing, about 2/4 Celsius degrees higher than real temperautre.

I prefer to return this device and buy an older one that works well. Does anyone know of an older model that does not have these faults?

I think that all the failures are due to the change of the GPS chip for the Sony chip that consumes less battery but is less precise

• Ok ok ok ok . I think you are a GARMIN Fanboy, you will be happy even if your device says you that you are riding at 100 km/h, and says you that track is 1000 meters away for you this is not important think,  sure you only rest some numbers in your head and happy.

I am not going to spend 600 $ for compensate in my head any measure.

Remember all GARMIN have to do is clarifies it with capital letters on the box and in all its manuals, something like: "MOST OF THE FUNCTIONALITIES OF THE DEVICE ARE A JOKE, A TOY, THEY ARE NOT ACCURATE . BEFORE BUYING ONE OF THE MOST EXPENSIVE DEVICE ON THE MARKET YOU HAVE TO BE AWARE OF THIS AND BUY AT YOUR OWN RISK AND LIABILITY. GARMIN IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE RELIABILITY OF THE DATA. "

I want my money back. 

Please tell your friend GARMIN that bring back my money and everybody happy.

• If my Garmin said I was cycling at 100km/h 1000m away from where I was I would not be happy but I have never seen that happen.  It has always been accurate with regards to speed and distance.

There are issues with my Garmin unit.  None of them are showstoppers. It works for what I bought it for.

I just think you have unrealistic expectations over the accuracy you can achieve with such devices in regards to such things as gradient and temperature.

• You say me , that if Garmin said you was cycling at 100km/h 1000m away from where you were, you wouldn't be happy???
    • And why not?   The device only say you something like is similar to reality. " Don't be worry . Why this two measures are important for you? If you look forward you,  you sure can imagine the speed that you are riding (plus/less). And distance it is not something important either. You can ride 5 minutes more, this is not very very serious problem.
    • What I mean is, who is going to be the dictator here, that will dictate what measures are important or not, when it comes to demanding acceptable precision to a $ 600 device? No one should be that dictator.
    • It's simple, GARMIN has to deliver what it promises, period.  Whether it is important to you or not.
    • Another different thing would be for GARMIN clarify it with capital letters on the box and in all its manuals: "MOST OF THE FUNCTIONALITIES OF THE DEVICE ARE A JOKE, A TOY, THEY ARE NOT ACCURATE . BEFORE BUYING ONE OF THE MOST EXPENSIVE DEVICE ON THE MARKET YOU HAVE TO BE AWARE OF THIS AND BUY AT YOUR OWN RISK AND LIABILITY. GARMIN IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE RELIABILITY OF THE DATA. "
  • Still waitling that GARMIN fix the problems or say clearly that this device can not do this measures, So in this way must to put very very clear in all manuals and advertisments. If no GARMIN IT IS SCAMMER, SWINDLER

• I disagree with respect to grade. As for temperature I always subtract 10 def F for sunny days and it is close enough. I just purchased an 830 after returning a 1030 plus. The 830 has a significant delay in grade change responsiveness compared to my 500, 800 and 1000. I'm not going to return it but it is an issue that is plaguing all of the *30 devices that was not previously noticeable. There numerous threads related to it, many of which blame the gps chip but grade is based on the internal barometer so Sony is off the hook. Garmin needs to throw a couple of guys at it and clean up the code for the whole series.

• If you just purchased the 830 now, you have to take temperature readings. I have checked mine with two weather stations lot of timesan always is about 1,5/4 ° C . So it's not a sunny day problem. Measures at home.  By the way I have checked measures in comparison with a 520 and same result s.

• It is measuring temperature in a box in the outdoors. The weather app on the device that provides local temperature is useful. My phone with the weatherunderground app is very accurate. Our Garmin devices in a box in the sunshine are not a source of accurate current ambient temperature. Not a deal breaker, just what is. I've had at least five different Edge devices and they all do temperature the same way. First job is to compensate for the barometer, second job is to give you some indication of what the temp might be adjusted for your understanding of how they work. As someone said earlier or in another thread it is to bad the Edge devices don't support  the Tempe sensor. I use it on my hiking Etrex and it works very well. No reason it could not be enabled on the Edge series.

• No, I am talking about in a raining days and inside home. The 830 measure so bad (2/4°C). So it is bad measure not for the sun. When summer comes I tell you how bad measure device in the sun, anyway with the air and movement the device should not show wrong temperature because the air gives it again should compensate for the exposure to the sun ( all this but the temp sensor was well insulated )N

Now my brother have got a edge 520 and inside the house measure perfect . My 830 measure bad. Outside cycling 830 measure higher too, obviously. I know how works barometer, but the temperature for compensate barometer readings hasn't be in display. Because nobody wants to make maths when ride. The manuals say that display show you temperature of weather.

• Another different thing would be for GARMIN clarify it with capital letters on the box and in all its manuals: "MOST OF THE FUNCTIONALITIES OF THE DEVICE ARE A JOKE, A TOY, THEY ARE NOT ACCURATE . BEFORE BUYING ONE OF THE MOST EXPENSIVE DEVICE ON THE MARKET YOU HAVE TO BE AWARE OF THIS AND BUY AT YOUR OWN RISK AND LIABILITY. GARMIN IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE RELIABILITY OF THE DATA. " 
    • And for sure  GARMIN give me my money back because they have cheat me
  • Still waiting GARMIN answers

• You won't get any here.  You might as well stop repeating yourself.