What I learned about getting a reliable BT connection

I have a samsung s7. I hope this may useful information for some.

I connected my device with the 'trusted device' feature. It maintains a rock-solid, reliable connection.

How I know. I made a mistake.

I am on my second edge 830.

When pairing (setup) my device-to-phone for the first time with the first device, I did not select the the trusted device option. I subsequently had to unlock my phone and open garmin connect to get BT to work correctly. It worked, but seemed like too many steps.

Then my second device arrived as a replacement. This time I selected the trusted device option. My connection established each and everytime, whether or not I unlocked my phone.

Then I made the mistake of synching my new 830 device in garmin express to the 1st edge 830 device profile. My ability to connect took me back to where I had to unlock the phone and open garmin connect first.

So, I unpaired my phone and went through the pairing setup again to 'again' select 'trusted device. I also removed the first device from garmin express.

For me, using trusted device provides a rock-solid, reliable connection that only requires me to power up my garmin edge 830.

Hope someone can get some use my lesson.

Parents
  • From day one I have experience non-connection issue on my Edge 830 (running Garmin Connect on my Google Pixel 3). My old Edge 810 occasionally had the odd issue but nowhere near as much. Also my Fenix 5 plus happily maintains connection to the same phone, so I can't understand why the Edge 830 should be experiencing such major issues.

• From day one I have experience non-connection issue on my Edge 830 (running Garmin Connect on my Google Pixel 3). My old Edge 810 occasionally had the odd issue but nowhere near as much. Also my Fenix 5 plus happily maintains connection to the same phone, so I can't understand why the Edge 830 should be experiencing such major issues.

Children
No Data