This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

830 will not turn on

I had a strange problem today.  I charged the unit using a charger (not the computer) and the 830 powered off as expected when full charge was reached.  However, when I went to do a ride, I could not turn it on.  Tried the power button many times, also held it >10 seconds to try for a reset.  Nothing worked.  I then used the USB cable to plug it into the computer.  that powered it up and after that, could power up and down with the power button.  I looked for an error log file after my ride, but could not find one.  Any ideas?  I will have to do some testing to see if this repeats.  Note I am running the beta firmware.

• Are there any news on this issue? :(

• I just had the same issue. Came back from a ride and all seemed normal. Shut it down when I was taking it off the bike, got in the house and turned it back on, came on for ten seconds or so and then shut down.  Would not charge or turn on.  Good news was that reading here I tried holding the power button down for a bit (May have been close to 30 sec) and it came on.  Running software 4.10.  Hope this is not a ongoing issue.

• This is still a problem as of today August 14, 2019.  After I fully charge the 830 I have to long press it for more than 10 seconds to reboot it.  I am thinking of returning my 830 to the retailer soon unless Garmin fixes this.  

• Same problem. Would not turn on even when plugged to the computer. Keeps rebooting

• Same problem, maybe worse with latest 4.10 update since it happened twice within the last 7-10 days (not quite sure when I did the update). Both Error type ( 8 ) err( 8 )

• The problem you have sounds a little different. Would you be willing to post the err_log.txt file from the Garmin\Debugging folder and also and files in the Garmin\Debugging\Saved folder

• I experienced the same problem after updating to 4.10 and installed a new widget.  In the end I factory reset the device and set it back up again.  Since then I have had no further issues with the device powering on after it goes to sleep.

• Could you tell us what widget it was you installed?

• It was a beta widget that I have been working on that is not published in the store and only available to me.  So if it is something caused by the widget, no one else can get it.  

So far I have not been able to reproduce the problem since the fill reset.  When I did see the problem it was like it was in power save mode, but nothing would turn the screen on.  Holding the button would cause it to act like it was shutting down.

• same issue for me today, won't start up after a ride, have to hold the button down for a while..twice now to get it to power up and same thing last week.  running 4.10 but it seems to be more frequently.  Any input from Garmin anywhere or is this a "no admit, no problem" issue?