This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sensor Dropout Feedback

We realize how important sensor data is to our customers and how frustrating it can be when there are issues with it. If you are experiencing these issues with sensor drop outs the engineering team would like to understand the following information to help understand the issue.

1. What version of Edge 530/830 software are you using?
  2. How long into your ride did the issue occur?
  3. Did all of your sensors dropout at once or was it just one?
  4. Did the sensor connection(s) recover on their own?
  5. What sensors did you have connected with the issue occurred?
    1. What sensors were connected over BLE?
  1. Did you have your phone connected?
    1. Is it Android or iOS?
    2. What version of GCM do you have?
    3. Were you using LiveTrack?
  2. Please upload activity .FIT files from this occurred if possible.
    1. What version of Edge 530/830 software are you using? 5.50
    2. How long into your ride did the issue occur? around 40 minutes
    3. Did all of your sensors dropout at once or was it just one? HR and cadence
    4. Did the sensor connection(s) recover on their own? No
    5. What sensors did you have connected with the issue occurred? Garmin cadenc ANT+ and Decathlon HR Ant+
      1. What sensors were connected over BLE? No
    1. Did you have your phone connected?
      1. Is it Android or iOS? Android
      2. What version of GCM do you have?
      3. Were you using LiveTrack? no
    2. Please upload activity .FIT files from this occurred if possible. no, not possible

It was not the first ride with the 5.50. The former rides were without any problems. Before the "problem" ride the Garmin was stuck in the boot-screen. Long press power button solved. Never experienced this before. 

• It is an EDGE 830

• 1) What version of Edge 530/830 software are you using?

Edge 830 software 5.50

2) How long into your ride did the issue occur?

53 minutes

3) Did all of your sensors dropout at once or was it just one?

All sensors

Did the sensor connection(s) recover on their own?

No - remained disconnected for the remainder of the ride.

What sensors did you have connected with the issue occurred?

RTL 500 Radar

Bike Speed Sensor 2

Cadence Sensor 2

Heart monitor HRM1G

What sensors were connected over BLE?

None

Did you have your phone connected?

Yes

Is it Android or iOS?

iOS - 13.5.1

What version of GCM do you have?

Were you using LiveTrack?

No.

Please upload activity .FIT files from this occurred if possible.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rtgtu4xbajwhy8k/5169441500.fit?dl=0

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 3 years ago

Well, just to chime in, over a year old thread/issue and it still happens.

Incredible.

• well, yes and no.   Yes, because that should have been something known and mastered.  No, because for me it only started in the last version 5.50 (I'm now on beta 5.51 which happens to add only diagnostics)

• 1. Edge 830 - v. 5.50

2. 5 minutes

3. One, Quarq / SRAM power meter with cadence

4. No recovery

5. Quarq / SRAM Power Meter, Garmin HRM, iPhone connected to Garmin Connect App (vie BLE)

6. Yes, GCM version 4.32.0.30, LiveTrack not used

The power meter is dropping out almost every ride now...

• 1. Edge 830 5.50
    2. Multiple rides around an hour and a half
    3. At least HR and cadence, not sure about speed sensor (graph might start to use gps info)
    4. Didn't recover until next activity
    5. I have the Garmin 830 performance bundle, so the Garmin HR, cadence and speed sensor
    6. Yes connected to Android 10, GCM version (at least) 4.32.0 and 4.32.1, LiveTrack active

• My 830 with 5.50 is dropping all sensors on most rides. Is there a fix? I have a mix of ANT+ and BLE sensors. 2 ANT+ and 3 BLE

• If you can use ANT+ instead of BLE, do it.  See the connecting sensors thread.

Theoretically, the 830 supports 3 BLE devices, but ... is your phone connected, and is it one of the three devices?  That is, if you are trying to connect your phone in addition to 3 BLE devices you will probably lose.   ANT+ is better.

• Hi there, I’m having some new issues with my edge 830, software ver 5.50, I have done recent rides where I’m using a strava route to navigate me, at approx 15km in on first ride I lost all sensor connections, hr, power, speed sensor, gear display and could not reconnect for rest of ride. Also after the disconnect,  I hit 2 of my starred strava segments, they pop up in the display, count me down to start then just freeze until way after segment is complete, when I get home, I press the end ride/pause button and the whole unit now freezes until I do a 10 sec reset. Today my unit done exactly the same but it happens at 30km, very frustrating.. any help appreciated 

Check out my road cycling activity on Garmin Connect. #beatyesterday