This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Edge 530 dropouts since 9.30 update

Yesterday after the 9.30 software update on my Edge 930 dropouts started to happen randomly. Mostly on the speed sensor, but also on power, and HR. Power sensor battery was replaced one day ago so it can't be that. Not sure what to do, is there any way to revert back to the previous firmware? Thanks

• you can't have everything

Yes you can, go back to firmware 9.1 and everything works.
    Then make the dummy file so you are not prompted to update anymore.
    See here forums.garmin.com/.../i-rolled-my-firmware-back-no-more-updates-for-me-thanks

• I'm having the exact same issues with my Edge 530. Garmin has replaced the speed sensor and my heart rate monitor. I recently bought vector 3 pedals ($1k CDN). Everything connecting and disconnecting constantly. The data is unusable.

I talked to a Garmin rep today he said the problem lies with the Ant+ chip manufacturer. Sounds like a hardware issue - I would not expect it to ever get resolved without a recall.

Garmin offered to replace my Edge 530 (with same faulty Ant+ chip),  but with all these issues and knowing what I do about hardware I think I am just going to ask for my money back for everything.

Whoever heard of a tracking company that specializes in recording stats that can't record stats properly! Unsure how something like this could ever pass testing.

• Mine is fine after rolling the software back to 9.1 so I suggest giving that a try, it worked for many others here also.
    IMO Garmin are good at hardware but absolutely rubbish with software and have been for 10 years. 

• Yo tengo la versión 9.40 y también se me desconectan los sensores de cadencia y velocidad ha día de hoy.