This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin 530 power drops

Is anyone experiencing power drops with dual sided power meters? I experience dropouts both indoor and out. I know it's not the power meter since my 520 doesn't have a single dropout during the same conditions. I'm on 6.0 as of now. 

Thank you

• Compress them into zip file, the FIT extension somewhy is not allowed...

• I got around to comparing three files of mine (no dropouts, two big dropouts and multiple little dropouts) and cant find a signal strength related issue.

• the question is: do You have dropouts there with HR too (or with speed sensor if You have), because if You have, than it is the result of the 530's comm chip resetting , if not, then it could be the Speci crank or could be any disturbing signal too (below the road 4 example there are electricity cables/parts , or garage openers on cars what passed You , or on other bikes what You (or they) passed there are parts what broadcasting strong signal on 2.4GHz and interference with the powermeter signal (which is very sensitive, much more than HR belt or speed sensor), usually if i have such a small dropouts these are the (disturbing) conditions. how long these dropouts in seconds? 1,3 or 6 or longer?

• Luko79, here is a file from a TR ride today. My sensors were connected via BT through my Ipad using the TR app. The Garmin 530 was connected ANT+. There were no drops at all on TR.

2020-10-07-20-17-45.zip

Ignore the first series of dropouts since that was my own doing. 

• No dropouts of HRM at all, and I dont have speed sensor (all GPS). Dropouts are 5 to 15 minutes in length, and it does come back of its own accord. I dont think this is minor interference, I feel that its a bug in the 530.

• It is 100% that your Speci powermeter is faulty, the 530 has no problem with ANT+ chip. Btw, it is not a good thing that both (BT and ANT+) protocol is used in the Speci cranks in same time because it is decreasing its radio signal strength and/or overload its comm. chip and these tons of dropout is the result... but that is not sure that You had no dropouts in TR just the power values are frozen on the last valid power values instead of 0 as on ANT+ , that is typical  ... (and deceptive) .

Do You have the TR file also? 

Did You record it with your 520 also? 

• Pls share the FIT file (in ZIPped) as bassn_07 did, 5-15mins long dropouts are 100% that Speci fault and not the 530's. :) 

• You keep saying that, ignoring that the Specialized PM works fine with my 520+, Bolt, and Bryton 320... While it's possible that the PM plays a role in the problem, given what I've observed, the 530 is also at falut. If these other devices can get it right, why can't the 530?

• Andrew, what is your Speci's crank firmware? Because the GEN1 Speci cranks are famous about dropouts... the GEN2 is much better without almost any problem. I have lots of friends who has 530s with different powermeters , all are working fine, and i have a few friends who had GEN1 Speci cranks and had tons of dropouts and they sent back and got GEN2 devices and now these are working good.  But yes, could be (a batch from ) the 530 wrong too but in my eyes these symptoms are clear...

• 4.0, not that it really matters much. If I use the PM with a variety of head units and the 530 is the only one that has a problem, I think the issue is pretty clear too.