This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

how to stop a connect iQ activity?

i have a connect iq activity running and that blocks me from doing anything else on the device. Can someone please tell me how i can stop a connect iq activity? i tried everything and googled for an hour but can not find anything about that.

• You just do it with Garmin Connect.  Go to this page: https://connect.garmin.com/modern/settings/accountInformation

and enable "Data shared from the Strava app to Garmin Connect" - works like a charm.

• I was having the same issue and after seeing your note connected my Edge to Garmin Express and synced.  When that ran (couple seconds - there was nothing to sync) the activity was stopped and I could proceed doing what I was doing.

• I was having the same issue and after seeing your note connected my Edge to Garmin Express and synced.  When that ran (couple seconds - there was nothing to sync) the activity was stopped and I could proceed doing what I was doing.

• I think I have found a work around: don’t start the tour via IQ connect, but with the button ‘navigate’ on the front screen

• I removed and reinstalled Komoot and after that tried your suggestion. Just starting and leaving it open and stopping (not an acutal ride yet), and must say that it seems to work this way. Thanks!

• hi, from the replies its not clear to me if this has been resolved...can someone post an easy step by step to follow a loaded route from trailforks and have the garmin track the ride; i'm fine creating the route on trailforks and then loading it on the garmin but from there i think you need to do things in a specific order to have it track and follow the route....i too get that message asking to stop my activity which doesn't make sense.

• Same issue triggered by starting a Strava activity from the IQ app by mistake.  Resolved it by plugging my Edge 1030 plus into my laptop and doing an update with Garmin Connect. Removed the Edge unit and "Stop IQ Activity" warning preventing me from turning the unit off was gone.

• I had almost the same issue (connect IQ and Strava Routes) and the only way I could resolve this was to plug my Edge 530 to the computer. The moment I connected it with Garmin Express - it saved the ride on the device. I am just guessing this is just a bug and will be resolved soon (though it has taken forever!)