This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

how to stop a connect iQ activity?

i have a connect iq activity running and that blocks me from doing anything else on the device. Can someone please tell me how i can stop a connect iq activity? i tried everything and googled for an hour but can not find anything about that.

• What IQ activity is it you are running and what have you tried so far?

• im not sure, i think its the trailforks app.

as i said i tried everything, cant figure out how to stop it

• and with everything i mean all buttons or button combinations and all possible menues to stop it but there is nothing or i just cant find it.

• I asked what you have tried because you won't believe how many times in tech support I've heard that, and the reality of it wasn't the case... and it doesn't help the person trying to help you in troubleshooting. Joy

I've come out of Trailforks app easily using the back button; The lower of the two buttons on the right side.

Perhaps your device is frozen... ???

Try holding down the power button for 20- 30seconds... your unit may switch off after 10, but try the long 20 second press.

• i dont think its frozen i can do all other things except for putting the device to sleep or start any other workout because of the running connect iq app.

the back button just brings me to the main screen showing the timer that the app is running but does not stop it.

also i do not want to force a restart "yet" because i want to understand how i exit that app in case it happens again.

• OK. 

And if you press the down button and navigate to the IQ Apps, can you go into each one and see if there is one that allows you to press the " ... " button?

The only IQ app I have that actually starts an activity is a Heart Rate + HRV app which I can stop and start using the  " ... " button

• I've now tried various IQ apps, Like Hike 2+ Trailforks and Strava Routes. Some don't allow me to leave the app without stopping and saving the activity. Those that do allow me to leave, Start and Stop using the STOP/START button (bottom right button) and it integrates with the unit's activity profile by default. 

It would be good to know what apps you have so that one perhaps try replicate it on another device.

• its definitely trailforks, what i did is start a navigation to the start of a trail and thats where its stuck. i cant start or stop anything, the buttons dont do anything to that activity.

I will try later to drive to the trail start to see if that unlocks it again.

• My Trailforks app doesn't do that. It integrates fine the built in profile, in my case Mountain... while active and trying to power down, I get the same message as you, but then I just press the Stop/Start button (right to the charge port) and I stop the activity, and I can save or discard...

Perhaps you should do a hard reset if the Stop/Start button doesn't do anything, and then delete and reinstall Trailforks and try replicate the problem again. 

• Another note, the warning I get is that an activity is in progress and I can't shut down... I cannot replicate your message with using the Trailforks app, no matter what I've tried.