This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin 530 freezing

My new Garmin 530 has totally frozen  No response from the power button or any others.  I their a reset button or combination of buttons that will restart the device?

• When my 530 freezes mid ride and I hold the power button for 10 seconds is there a way to recover the ride data up to the point of freezing as it seems to disappear?

• I have a brand new 530.  I installed the updated firmware before my first use.  The device continues to freeze and no buttons work.  The only option is to do a hard reset holding the power button for 20-30 seconds.  After each ride (stopping the computer) the device remains frozen, even when charging.  Sounds like others are having the same problem.  Has anyone got a response from Garmin? I am going to return this piece of #$^ if they don't have a fix.   

• Have you reported your problem to Garmin Support, what do they say? (ps they very rarely read these posts and you might notice the previous posts in this thread are years old)

• Thx  aweatherall for the advice

piece of *** Garmin 530 has frozen 3 x , this is the only thing that gets it started again is to hold power button for 30-60 sec, bought as replacement for 520n whose screen began to delaminate

maybe time to switch to wahoo