This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Strava Live Segments is worse with the latest software update. Why Garmin, WHY?

I had started a thread on my frustrations with Strava Live Segments, mostly with keeping a target (PR, KOM etc).

The new features of "last" or "recent best" are useless. All anybody wants is to set a target, and have it not change. My 530 changes the targets randomly.

A way around this was to set a "goal" on Strava, which would then show as the target. But since the latest software update, my 530 defaulted to picking random targets, no longer defaults to my goal, and changes with every ride. My "Goal" appears on the screen for a few seconds, then disappears and is replaced with a target that I could not care less about and don't want to use.

Why can't Garmin just fix this?

My FR935 has never had this problem, but looking at my watch while sprinting is not feasible.

Why did the latest software update make this worse than it already was?

This is incredibly frustrating.

PLEASE fix this Garmin.

Any update or ?

Thanks,

Peter

• @aweatherall Does GPS Build 2.42 get overwritten by 2.30 when updating the 530 to V4.10 from an earlier release?

• I have this happen also. On a couple of local segments that I ride often my 530 says off segment at exactly the same place and drops the live segment every time. 

But my old 520 records these segments without issue. 

I put it down to the new inferior GPS chip giving more drift.

• Now that I’m home I can answer my own question, no, GPS 2.42 does not get overwritten when updating to V4.10

•  

I had an interesting thing happen yesterday while using Live Segments.

I did the Mt. Washington bike race, and loaded the 7.5 mile segment with a goal.

It started fine, but below the arrow, three target numbers were all displayed, but on top of each other in a jumbled mess.

I think that my goal, KOM & person I follow in front of me were the three numbers, but because they were all taking up the same space it was difficult to see what was what.

I was using six data boxes.

Thankfully I set a separate page with all of the numbers that I needed (time ahead, behind, distance to go etc.) so that it wasn't an issue, but if I had to rely on the segment screen, it would have been a disaster.

Thanks