Strava Segments not transferring to Edge 1050

Garmin says this is a Strava issue and Strava says this is a Garmin issue.  I cannot get live segments to work.  I've tried everything I can think of (along with suggestions from Garmin & Strava).  Has anyone else had this same issue?  If so, what is the solution?

• If you're using live segments on a course, you need to unstar / restar the route, not the segment.  See my reply above on the workaround.

• An update and some movement in figuring this out. 

I just deleted all of my starred segments from Strava and just re-starred the non e-bike segments.  All segments load/transfer correctly to my Garmin, but I still need to ride  them to see if they work. I see this as a positive, & a step in the right direction, but  I'm still confused why e-bike segments will not transfer and why both Strava and Garmin choose not to directly answer and address my queries about the Issue.

• ebike segments are akin to downhill segments.  They are blocked probably due to legal reasons.  On a related note, has anyone noticed that Strava stopped sending out stolen KOM notifications?  Probably due to legal reasons  well.

• If it's a legal thing, it should be clearly outlined somewhere.  This would eliminate all the guessing by all of us here (and in many other similar threads on this board).

Personally, it does not make any sense to me, but it's their business and they can run it any way they want.

I'll be off the bike for about a week, but I'll update with (hopefully) a successful test where the "acoustic" live segments work correctly after my next ride..

As for the KOM notifications, I received one about two weeks ago.  Nothing is worse than someone stealing your KOM.