Firmware 18.23 and 18.25 constantly dropping power meter constantly on 1040 solar

I use a Cinch bottom bracket power meter and the 1040 Solar. When I updated to 18.23 the power meter began to connect and drop within a minute or so. Constantly. It basically blew a ton of training since I need the power levels. I updated to 18.25 and now it connects and drops about every 10 seconds! So we're going backward... ugh.

I tried removing and adding back the device profile for the Cinch. No luck. The power meter is working fine -- my Forerunner 955 holds connection fine.

I've had plenty of Garmin issues over the years -- why does a company this big struggle so much to write software for its own products???? However, until 18.23 I've been very pleased with the 1040 Solar and found it to be one of the most reliable Garmin products I've used. However now, without the ability to hold power it's nearly worthless for my purposes.

Garmin, I see plenty of other people are having connectivity problems with these two firmware releases. Please get it fixed. And PLEASE provide users a way to back out of an upgrade and reload the last working software versions for their devices!

• Hi, I am having issues with my rotor inspider and Garmin 1040 solar. firmware version 19.22. Power keeps dropping every 10 seconds while on the city. it does not drop when in constant move (eg training on the road). Any help appreciated

• I got the same problem with 1040

• Is there any update on this problem?

My cinch power meter does not stay connected via ant+ and calibration via Bluetooth does not work.

• Funny, but I just had this problem (again) yesterday.  Last summer it cropped up on a few rides, then went away.  I have no idea why.  Yesterday, it started again, dropping and reconnecting every 5-10 seconds.  Both times, nothing I tried helped, so yesterday mid-ride I switched to BT, but did not try calibrating.

Edit:  Tried it again this morning.   As with others, it would not calibrate via BT.  Switched to ANT+ and it was working again. No dropouts. Nothing's changed since the ride yesterday afternoon when it ANT+ wasn't working. 

• I am having the same issue… my Ultegra 8000 and my Varia light connect and disconnect every minute or so. It is really annoying.

I have an edge 1040

located in Centennial, Colorado

yes, please contact me if that helps

• Centennial?  We're neighbors.   I'm in Lone Tree. 

• Well, add me in Strava and let’s see if we ride after the atorm

• Update: After again working fine on ANT+, my PM started repeatedly dropping again so I switched to BT. Then two rides ago, my PM locked on 777W and 77rpm for the last 5 minutes of a ride.  The next day I connected it to its phone app and it was still showing 777 and 77.  Charging it had no effect.  I reinstalled its firmware using its app and that fixed it.  It also stayed connected on ANT+ on my last ride.  As a reminder, previously when it was dropping on ANT+,  it still worked fine on my 820 with ANT+ (820 doesn't do BT sensors).  Its working with ANT+ has been intermittent in the past so IDK if it will continue working or not.  This is just a data point to include with the others.

• I have a Garmin 265 watch and it drops the power meter reading (says it is "Zero" or a very low reading) every 20 seconds or so, then recovers it again, then drops it.  I also use a Wahoo app and that registers the power meters consistently and accurately.  What can be done to keep the 265 from dropping the data?  

• use it on a handlebar mount or face the watch inside on your wrist. (because the wrist "material" is decreasing the signal strength and can cause this, especially if the power meter 's antenna is one of the weakers. the simultanously dual protocol recording (ANT+ and BT with a phone) also decrease the ANT+ signal strength, so that is not suggested... and if it happens indoor, the wifi enviroment also could be the culprit, so need to check the used 2.4GHZ channel (avoid the 9-10-11 channel, and set it manually to a lower one, 1-4) or configure it to use only 5GHZ wifi with tablet/mobile/pc (so the heavy internet users) and the 2.4GHZ part for the non5GHZ capable devices (like Garmin stuffs)

BTW , it is an Edge 1040  forum, not FR265...