Firmware 18.23 and 18.25 constantly dropping power meter constantly on 1040 solar

I use a Cinch bottom bracket power meter and the 1040 Solar. When I updated to 18.23 the power meter began to connect and drop within a minute or so. Constantly. It basically blew a ton of training since I need the power levels. I updated to 18.25 and now it connects and drops about every 10 seconds! So we're going backward... ugh.

I tried removing and adding back the device profile for the Cinch. No luck. The power meter is working fine -- my Forerunner 955 holds connection fine.

I've had plenty of Garmin issues over the years -- why does a company this big struggle so much to write software for its own products???? However, until 18.23 I've been very pleased with the 1040 Solar and found it to be one of the most reliable Garmin products I've used. However now, without the ability to hold power it's nearly worthless for my purposes.

Garmin, I see plenty of other people are having connectivity problems with these two firmware releases. Please get it fixed. And PLEASE provide users a way to back out of an upgrade and reload the last working software versions for their devices!

• Hi. I dont know about Cinch battery at all. But problem like this (continuously switch on/off to Edge 1040) was with my Sram AXS derailleur until I recharge Sram's batteries. Just now it's OK. Try charge you power meter battery. 

• The symptom I experience is that once every two rides or so (about 30 miles/2 hrs each) the power reading on my 1040 solar slow drops to zero and then slowly climbs back to an accurate readout.  This sequence occurs over a period of about 1 minute.  This is for a Quarq dual-sided power meter with fresh battery and calibration.  So not repeated drops for me, but inaccurate readings just the same.  It used to work well.  

• Thanks for the suggestion! Coincidentally, I had just charged the battery on the power meter a couple of days before I did the firmware updates on the 1040, so that's not the cause. I wish the situation was that easy to resolve!

• I've been getting weird power readings too -- but I associated it with the frequent drops. It never connects successfully for more that 20 seconds or so for me. Like you, I had no problems before the 18.23 and now the (even worse) 18.25 upgrades.

Garmin please hear users on this -- if you give us a clean way to DOWNGRADE to a known good firmware, you'd solve a lot of problems for your users. Sadly they way you've made this a one-way street -- which means we're trapped with bad firmware until you figure out how to fix the problems you've introduced with the "upgrade." If I could easily revert back to the pre-18.23 firmware, I would be a happy camper. You broke it, Garmin, at least give us an escape route by allowing us to downgrade to prior working versions.

• Thank you all for participating in this thread. If you are experiencing power meter drops with software version 18.25, please send me a direct message referencing this thread.

• I had the same problem with Cinch power meter and Garmin 1040, firmware 18.25. 

Cinch is all charged up and has worked for years with my Garmin 1030 plus.

Removed device and re-added.  Still not working.

Did it again, still not working.

Tried below which was implied on another thread, this WORKED!: 

1) Removed device.

2) Added via Ant+

3) Added via Bluetooth.

4) Disabled Ant+ device connection, but left on device

5) Now it works !?! go figure.

• Jongoerke -- thanks for this, I'm glad you got yours working! I'll try it and report back if it works for me too. Unfortunately, I'm away from the bike for a couple of days so it will be a while. Fingers crossed!

• Jongoerke -- I tried your fix and it has worked solidly for three rides so far! I haven't been able to hold the power meter connection for more than 10 seconds since the last two firmware upgrades, but after going through your steps above it's held rock solid on recent rides. Thank you, thank you, thank you! Also a head's up for Garmin because Jongoerke's solution should give you an insight into what your last two firmware updates broke! 

• I have the same problem with my power meter even update to 18.25 

Are there any solution as this is not the single case I think .

• Once added to ANT+ 

How to add again via BT