Firmware 18.23 and 18.25 constantly dropping power meter constantly on 1040 solar

I use a Cinch bottom bracket power meter and the 1040 Solar. When I updated to 18.23 the power meter began to connect and drop within a minute or so. Constantly. It basically blew a ton of training since I need the power levels. I updated to 18.25 and now it connects and drops about every 10 seconds! So we're going backward... ugh.

I tried removing and adding back the device profile for the Cinch. No luck. The power meter is working fine -- my Forerunner 955 holds connection fine.

I've had plenty of Garmin issues over the years -- why does a company this big struggle so much to write software for its own products???? However, until 18.23 I've been very pleased with the 1040 Solar and found it to be one of the most reliable Garmin products I've used. However now, without the ability to hold power it's nearly worthless for my purposes.

Garmin, I see plenty of other people are having connectivity problems with these two firmware releases. Please get it fixed. And PLEASE provide users a way to back out of an upgrade and reload the last working software versions for their devices!