This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Training Status, Load and Load Focus broken in Garmin Connect

Ive got an edge 1040 (15.24), i record all of my cycling workouts using this head unit - every activity records and syncs to Garmin Connect just fine.

I've also got a Garmin Fenix 6 Pro (24.81 beta - to get Training Status 2.0), i wear this daily and use it as my primary activity tracker.

Several times a week, i record a cycling workout on my Edge 1040, it syncs upto Garmin Connect just fine, and i can see the activity across both devices.

If i view the same Training Status on my Edge 1040 (where the workouts were recorded), everything also works just as id expect.

If i view the Training Status on the Fenix 6 pro itself, its exactly as id expect and updates correctly based on my workouts from the Edge 1040. I have the beta firmware on this watch (through the official beta programme), to get the Training Status 2.0 update - which means until recently i used to see the same data and analysis for Training Status, Load etc... across both devices.

The issue i'm facing is this: If i goto Garmin Connect, either on the web or in the iOS app, and alternate between both devices data, the Overall Training Status, Load and Acute Load for the Edge 1040 does not exist - BUT the Exercise Load does.I have Physio True Up enabled on both devices, and i've made no changes to any settings recently.

Heres a workout from today:

You'll notice it shows up against both devices, and that the same exercise loads are present for every other session across the past month:

Heres the Training Status, Load Focus and Acute Load against my Fenix 6 Pro (this is the exact same summary and figures that i get if viewed on the Edge 1040 or Fenix 6 devices independently):

Changing the device to my 1040 (where all of these activities were recorded) shows a different story. Note, that theres huge gaps in the 12w summary also:

This used to work, but sadly i cant remember how long ago it got broken. I've recently had new updates to both my Fenix 6 and Edge 1040 so its hard to pin where the fault lies - i've also got the latest iOS Garmin Connect software as of today (4.62.2.2)

I've bluetooth sync'd both devices, and tried to WiFi sync both (Edge 1040 refused to WiFi Sync, but i understand thats a known issue).

I've tried disabling physio trueup on both devices, then sync'ing multiple times, restarting both devices, syn'ing again and finally re-enabling Physio TrueUp, but still broken. I've even resorted to sync'ing the Edge 1040 therough my Macbook using Garmin Express to no avail.

If you have multiple garmin devices: are you seeing the same? I'd be interested to know which devices you have even if this is a Yes or No.

If you just have a 1040, does your Training Status sync correctly to Garmin Connect, and what version are you on?

Any other ideas, or suggestions of fixes would be appreciated

Cheers

• I have this same. 
    Training status disappeared. Earlier I had on in Fenix 6PRO and in EDGE1040 but now only I can see in Fenix 6X PRO. 

• Still broken after 1040 16.06 Beta firmware. Physio TrueUp setting still missing from 1040 too.

• I confirm this. Np update in training status, acute load on GC web/app for Edge1040. with 16.06

• Check this on the 830 forum - https://forums.garmin.com/sports-fitness/cycling/f/edge-830/321524/no-training-status/1565240#1565240 

Same / similar issue with Garmin contributing to the thread...

Physio true-up has been removed (on by default). Connect on the web has been updated to show only one amalgamated trend correctly, but no  training status anymore, mobile app is still not updating acute training load trend from Edge units... 

I have 1040 & Epix, both sync fine, it is only connect which has / had issues for users

• Amalgamation is good - always was an awkward hangover from the past showing on a "per device" basis, highlighting when there were inconsistencies between devices that should be synced - one human being!

I can imagine Garmin devs are going to have their work cut out sorting this out fully, as before this update often various devices would still be reporting different values.

Suspect when all of the current devices are out of their beta cycles, web updated, Garmin Connect app updated etc - ie. everything lined up more or less - we will be in a much better place.

• Absolutely

Performance Status "per device" is very counter-productive

But they need to make it clear in the User Interface

• This seems to be an issue introduced with the latest version of Garmin Connect mobile app.

• About 3 days ago in the 830 thread it was mentioned that in Garmin Connect Web you can now set your "Primary Training Device". I don't think I've seen it discussed here. I set my 1040 to be the Primary Training Device when I saw that.

Note that setting this may alter what is shown for the Training Status Report (web) and Training Status (mobile) even further, especially for the 4-week status and Acute Load. However, I believe both my Fenix 7 (11.24 beta) and Edge 1040 (16.06 beta) are showing the correct data once everything is synced up. In addition, the last two mornings on my phone (Android) the Training Status > Current view is telling me the status is provisional until I sync the 1040 again.

Overall, the data is still a bit all over the place depending on where you look, but I think things are heading in the right direction.

• yes, I also observed that some days ago on my side

But the question is how does one judge on the "primary training device" selection, because

- walk, hike, swim, run activities are all with Fenix7

- cycling indoor is sometimes with Edge1040, when controlling directly the Neo2t trainer resistance from Edge

- cycling indoor is sometimes with Fenix7, when doing Zwift activity as main trainer control source

- cycling outdoor is 95% with Edge1040

Also, what is new for me - now Edge1040 appears as "inactive" in the Android GC App. This was not there a few days before

Indeed, there is no device shown anymore on the main page of training status and it does shown "provisional for Fenix7" 

but my devices were synched today several times(Fenix7 before the walk, after the walk activity) and Edge1040 after the walk activity

So saying that my Fenix7 status is provisional and "not available" is a bit stupid as this is currently set as my main training device. 

Going into the details of "Load" it goes back to showing on device level - this is where I first saw the "inactive\" for Edge1040

and "status" and "acute load" are still missing for my Edge1040. even though the exercise load is equal and shown for both devices

what a mess! what should one owing at least two devices like Fenix & Edge do in this case? Sell one and stay with only one? Or sell both and go to another brand ? :))))

• I'd say be patient, Garmin have stated that they are working on a solution... I think they'll deliver something good in time, they need to, to keep their loyal customers happy. Garmin have released some big feature updates across most of their devices, and with beta & RC releases, it must be tricky to accommodate without some bugs in the system. It has worked OK in the past, but having device specific training load was always strange for me. I don't think other brands have anything better when looking at watch + bike combo's.