This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Training Status, Load and Load Focus broken in Garmin Connect

Ive got an edge 1040 (15.24), i record all of my cycling workouts using this head unit - every activity records and syncs to Garmin Connect just fine.

I've also got a Garmin Fenix 6 Pro (24.81 beta - to get Training Status 2.0), i wear this daily and use it as my primary activity tracker.

Several times a week, i record a cycling workout on my Edge 1040, it syncs upto Garmin Connect just fine, and i can see the activity across both devices.

If i view the same Training Status on my Edge 1040 (where the workouts were recorded), everything also works just as id expect.

If i view the Training Status on the Fenix 6 pro itself, its exactly as id expect and updates correctly based on my workouts from the Edge 1040. I have the beta firmware on this watch (through the official beta programme), to get the Training Status 2.0 update - which means until recently i used to see the same data and analysis for Training Status, Load etc... across both devices.

The issue i'm facing is this: If i goto Garmin Connect, either on the web or in the iOS app, and alternate between both devices data, the Overall Training Status, Load and Acute Load for the Edge 1040 does not exist - BUT the Exercise Load does.I have Physio True Up enabled on both devices, and i've made no changes to any settings recently.

Heres a workout from today:

You'll notice it shows up against both devices, and that the same exercise loads are present for every other session across the past month:

Heres the Training Status, Load Focus and Acute Load against my Fenix 6 Pro (this is the exact same summary and figures that i get if viewed on the Edge 1040 or Fenix 6 devices independently):

Changing the device to my 1040 (where all of these activities were recorded) shows a different story. Note, that theres huge gaps in the 12w summary also:

This used to work, but sadly i cant remember how long ago it got broken. I've recently had new updates to both my Fenix 6 and Edge 1040 so its hard to pin where the fault lies - i've also got the latest iOS Garmin Connect software as of today (4.62.2.2)

I've bluetooth sync'd both devices, and tried to WiFi sync both (Edge 1040 refused to WiFi Sync, but i understand thats a known issue).

I've tried disabling physio trueup on both devices, then sync'ing multiple times, restarting both devices, syn'ing again and finally re-enabling Physio TrueUp, but still broken. I've even resorted to sync'ing the Edge 1040 therough my Macbook using Garmin Express to no avail.

If you have multiple garmin devices: are you seeing the same? I'd be interested to know which devices you have even if this is a Yes or No.

If you just have a 1040, does your Training Status sync correctly to Garmin Connect, and what version are you on?

Any other ideas, or suggestions of fixes would be appreciated

Cheers

• This morning I've set my Edge1040 as Primary Training Device. 

Did several syncs and the training status on the GC Androi app was showing details for Edge1040 instead of Fenix7, And it updated also the missing acute load as a result of that. 

But, when I looked now into my account the settings went back and my Fenix7 is now also set back to Primary Training Device

• Thanks for trying, I did wonder about that... I'm in same boat, Epix for occasional running but mainly use 1040 for cycling.

• potentially being dumb here, but how do i change which device is my Primary Training Device? I want to assign the Edge 1040 to be this, but as of this morning - i have no way of changing this. If i click into the Edge 1040 device (on connect.garmin.com), there are no settings. If i click into the Fenix 6 Pro, i can see the device settings, and it says at the top that this device is my Primary Wearable and Primary Training Device. I just cant see how to change anything related to this...

• yeah, so that link does absolutely nothing for me. If i go back to the main settings menu (presume thats where you get to it from) theres no option like that. Garmin are really breaking things arent they...

• At least to you see the checkbox? to choose the training device?

That is what I have when I access the link aforementioned

• At least to you see the checkbox? to choose the training device?

That is what I have when I access the link aforementioned

Primary Wearable

Your Primary Wearable will be your default device for capturing daily health metrics like sleep, Body Battery and steps. If you have more than one device with this capability, you must designate one as your Primary Wearable. We recommend selecting the device you wear most often as your Primary Wearable.

Setting a Device Priority

When you use more than one Garmin device, your data will automatically sync and be consolidated. To ensure you receive optimized guidance and accurate data, prioritize which device is your Primary Wearable for everyday use.

We recommended choosing the same device for both your Primary Wearable and Primary Training Device when possible. This will give you the most unified experience across training data and daily health metrics.

Partially Compatible Devices

Setting a partially compatible device as your Primary Wearable is not recommended. While you can still wear a partially compatible device to track your daily activity, it may not accurately integrate your sleep and training data. This can impact the reliability of features such as Training Status, Body Battery, HRV Status and more. Any devices not labeled “Partially Compatible” are fully compatible as your Primary Wearable.

--------------------------------------------

Primary Training Device

Your Primary Training Device will be the main source for training-related data and performance stats. This device is typically used specifically for training, but some devices can be used for both fitness and everyday wear.

Setting a Device Priority

If you train with more than one Garmin device, you can set device priority to designate which of your compatible devices should be the main data source for training and performance stats. We automatically sync and consolidate data across devices, but setting a Primary Training Device helps ensure you receive optimized guidance and accurate data.

We recommended choosing the same device for both your Primary Wearable and Primary Training Device when possible. This will give you the most unified experience across training data and daily health metrics.

Incompatible Devices

Devices that do not support Training Status cannot be selected as your Primary Training Device and will not appear in the device list. If you have a device that is not compatible with the Primary Training Device setting, you can still use it to track your training. However, priority will be given to any data tracked by your Primary Training Device should you use both devices during the same time period.

• Absolutely nothing mate, it just shows me the root settings screen, with no option for device priority.

I've tried hard refreshing it with CMD+R, plus you can see next to my devices that i have the two status' assigned to my Fenix 6. As a software engineer for a living, Garmins process of rolling these changes out baffles me - they are fundamentally breaking the platform: a platform many people have invested hundreds of pounds in. Not to mention zero communication from Garmin on whats going on just makes this extrmeley frustragint for the end user.

Anyone else not get the device priority options screen?

• Edge 530 here.  I also have no way to set device priority.  My menu options are the same as  

• Nope - in fact my 'account settings' in GC web now shows nothing...