This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Training Status, Load and Load Focus broken in Garmin Connect

Ive got an edge 1040 (15.24), i record all of my cycling workouts using this head unit - every activity records and syncs to Garmin Connect just fine.

I've also got a Garmin Fenix 6 Pro (24.81 beta - to get Training Status 2.0), i wear this daily and use it as my primary activity tracker.

Several times a week, i record a cycling workout on my Edge 1040, it syncs upto Garmin Connect just fine, and i can see the activity across both devices.

If i view the same Training Status on my Edge 1040 (where the workouts were recorded), everything also works just as id expect.

If i view the Training Status on the Fenix 6 pro itself, its exactly as id expect and updates correctly based on my workouts from the Edge 1040. I have the beta firmware on this watch (through the official beta programme), to get the Training Status 2.0 update - which means until recently i used to see the same data and analysis for Training Status, Load etc... across both devices.

The issue i'm facing is this: If i goto Garmin Connect, either on the web or in the iOS app, and alternate between both devices data, the Overall Training Status, Load and Acute Load for the Edge 1040 does not exist - BUT the Exercise Load does.I have Physio True Up enabled on both devices, and i've made no changes to any settings recently.

Heres a workout from today:

You'll notice it shows up against both devices, and that the same exercise loads are present for every other session across the past month:

Heres the Training Status, Load Focus and Acute Load against my Fenix 6 Pro (this is the exact same summary and figures that i get if viewed on the Edge 1040 or Fenix 6 devices independently):

Changing the device to my 1040 (where all of these activities were recorded) shows a different story. Note, that theres huge gaps in the 12w summary also:

This used to work, but sadly i cant remember how long ago it got broken. I've recently had new updates to both my Fenix 6 and Edge 1040 so its hard to pin where the fault lies - i've also got the latest iOS Garmin Connect software as of today (4.62.2.2)

I've bluetooth sync'd both devices, and tried to WiFi sync both (Edge 1040 refused to WiFi Sync, but i understand thats a known issue).

I've tried disabling physio trueup on both devices, then sync'ing multiple times, restarting both devices, syn'ing again and finally re-enabling Physio TrueUp, but still broken. I've even resorted to sync'ing the Edge 1040 therough my Macbook using Garmin Express to no avail.

If you have multiple garmin devices: are you seeing the same? I'd be interested to know which devices you have even if this is a Yes or No.

If you just have a 1040, does your Training Status sync correctly to Garmin Connect, and what version are you on?

Any other ideas, or suggestions of fixes would be appreciated

Cheers

• This recently broke for me also, with Edge1040(15.24 SW) and Fenix 7 Sapphire Solar.  

I use the Fenix 7 to record activities and Edge1040 to control my home trainer. Sometimes I saved both activities, sometimes I just discard the Edge one. 

I can still see some data for Edge on GC web/app but the figures are far away from what the Edge shows directly on device. 

This is Fenix7 data on GC app((same on web)

and this is what is shown for Edge/on Edge device

As we were debugging some other issue on my device I've also sent these pictures to   yesterday evening

• What youve described is exaxtly the same issue that I have with my Edge 530

• How strange, what firmware are you running on the Fenix 7 please, and is this a beta or alpha version?

glad to hear in it alone, looking back through older posts it seems this has been a problem in the past before. 

If yoU’re in touch with Garmin, are you able to point them towards this post aswell please?

Cheers

• Do you have another device other than the 530, and what firmware versions are you running on all please?

• Hi Ben.  I've got a Fenix 6 running firmware 24.81.  Not sure if that is the cause as it's only been an issue since that was installed - may be a coincidence?  I havent flagged with with Garmin yet but when I do I'll point them to this thread.  Have a good day

• Since this morning I'm on 11.22 Beta SW on Feniix7(strangely GC web shows I am still on 11.21 as I was before). Edge1040 on official release 15.24 for the ride as it was in the past days. 

Today I did a new indoor cycling, recorded it on Edge1040, with a load of 110. 

The numbers for Edge1040 on GC app/web look unchanged in terms of status and load, from yesterday. Acute load remained on exactly 780 as yesterday. 

But for Fenix7 the data got updated according to today ride(logged only on Edge1040)

Checking it also on GC web - it looks like the Acute Load just stopped recording after 16th of January

Maybe just a coincidence, 15th of January was the last time I had a Road Cycling activity recorded with my Edge1040. Up to today, all the other activities were recorded inside, indoor cycling. 

• If you can pinpoint that version as a breaking change, i wouldnt contest that, however:

- EyessOnlyy has a 1040 on the same firmware as myself, but has a different watch (Fenix 7) on beta firmware, albeit a different version, but there could be commonality in the code across these beta devices

- SimonTBeesley has en Edge 530 (presuming no 1040), but you have a Fenix 6 on the same firmware as i do.

So theres no clear common denominator here See no evil unless its the beta watch firmware? Sadly we can't roll back to a stable build...

All really useful stuff tho guys, the more reports of this along with devices and software versions the better

• Thats an interesting thought regarding indoor vs outdoor workouts, as i started to wonder the same - however my last outdoor ride to be recorded with the 1040 was 29th December, and sadly - if you look at the 1040 training status 12w page below, you'll see theres no status for this day.

What is strange though, is i have very specific events on that 1040 12w status page, and if i look back at the activites on those days this is what recorded:

• 15th January: Outdoor Run, recorded Fenix 6 (version 24.10)
    • 21st December: Relax and Focus Breathwork, recorded Fenix 6 (version 24.10)
    • 10th Decmber: Outdoor Gravel Ride, recorded Edge 1040 (version 14.50)
    • 25th November: 2 x Indoor Workouts, recorded Edge 1040 (version 14.50)
    • 14th November: Indoor workout, recorded Edge 1040 (version 14.50)
    • 5th November: Outdoor Ride, recorded Edge 1040 (version 14.50)

What you can see here is, both devices have had firmware updates since - however the interesting part is these are isolated single days in time that only exist on my Edge 1040. There seems to be no correlation between which device they were recorded on, or whether indoors or outdoors, but it does seem (mabe a coincidence) strange that the last two activities, which likely span when the newer firmware existed - show up on the other device (Edge 1040).

What does seem clear, is those activites that are affecting the Training Status for the Edge 1040, seem missing for the Fenix 6 - but only within Garmin Connect.

Looking at the two images i posted above, the single bars within the Edge 1040's 12w Training Status match up identically with gaps in the Fenix 6's Training Status, you will also notice the colour of each band matches the area on the other side, and infact if these two images were infact merged, i'm sure we'd see a perfect representation of what happened.

• I did a 12km walk today. recorded with Fenix7. Activity load - 43. 

At home, synched the Edge1040 and the activity load, acute load got updated on the device. 

Unfortunately, no change in the acute load in the GC app. Still  wrongly says 780 as two days before. 

• Training status and acute load simply won't update in GC app/web for Edge. This morning I've started Edge and synched. 

On the device the data was updated, equal to Fenix7 but on the app/web the data is missing in the last days, e,g,. acute load stuck at 780