This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Route using the wrong cached directions.

Interesting bug today. I loaded a route to climb Les Deux Alpes in France and it gave me directions for another of my routes in South West London in the UK. I wondered why I was constantly being directed to my local park. Had to remove the cached version and recalculate once I realised. Not seen this before. 

• I had exactly the same happen today. I rode a course in Germany on Saturday. Today I deleted all courses from my Garmin, and uploaded a new one through Garmin Connect. When riding I had the line but the navigation instructions were sending me to the course I rode on Saturday, even without that course being present on my device! When tapping the first instruction I even got the complete instructions for the course of Saturday! The only way to ride my course today was by looking at the screen and following the line.

Software version 17.29

• Did you have “Turn Guidance” ON or OFF, prior to 17.26/17.29 the wrong directions (ghost courses) issue seemed to be mostly for riders with it OFF but since has been reported with it ON as well.

ps Did you delete courses via the 1040 Courses screen so that they also get deleted in the CALCS & POINTCACHE directories. I had same a few weeks ago and can’t find any trace of the ghost course in any directory , I listed the many other mentions of this issue on both 1040 and now 840

forums.garmin.com/.../ghost-course-chevrons-missing-wrong-navigation-instructions-17-29

• Turn Guidance is On.

I deleted the courses in the Courses screen of the Garmin, and there was only 1 course there today, but after checking by connecting the device to my computer after the ride there still were files remaining in the CALCS folder of previous courses.

Anyway, CALCS folder files or not, we should not be deleting files on our device for this to work correctly. This bug has been around a long time (I experienced it for the first time 4 months ago). It's incredible how something basic like this does not work on Garmin devices. I never had this happen in 2+ years of using a Wahoo bike computer. 

Because they have some very powerful functionality on their bike computers I stick with them, but otherwise I would have gone back to using a Wahoo ROAM a long time ago. That thing is a lot more basic, but it never failed me, never crashed, never had weird behaviour.