This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Strava Segments not syncing Edge 1040

I cannot get my Strava starred segments or courses  to sync on my Garmin Edge 1040 Solar.  I upgraded from a 530 to the 1040 Solar (had no issues with 530 and segments) and always see the same "Sign into your Strava account using your Garmin Connect account" via the segments widget. I am signed in and see "segments" widget on my web-based connect dashboard with my starred Strava segments. In the garmin connect app I see that segments are also enabled.  Anyone else have the same problem?

I have tried these things....

1. Disconnected Strava from Garmin and reconnected (on Strava's website) 

2. Disconnected Garmin from Strava and reconnected (via Garmin connect profile) 

3. Added new segments in Strava to hopefully force a sync (unsuccessful ) 

4. Tried syncs with Phone 

5. Tried syncs via Garmin express via USB-C Connector. 

• Same problem here. Prompted on the widget screen to log into Strava but I’m already logged in as I can check my segments through my individual activity profile. It’s like this widget isn’t connected or synchronising at all. How ca. Garmin be so good but so bad at the same time?

• Do we have to wait for a Garmin update for this to be fixed or is this a problem on the Strava side?

I was told by Sram that the reason their data fields do not work on the new 1040 is that Garmin released the new device without preinforming Sram to give them enough notice for their developers to create the necessary adjustments to work.

• Got mine to work and did not delink my 530 as I am keeping it. Went to garminconnect.com and under training did strava segments. Starred and unstarred a few and went back to strava and did the same. As soon as I went back to GC ios app and did the sync all of them pulled over. Will see tomorrow if they show up. 

• Right I finally got this to work.

I tried all the other things other people suggested on here but this what worked. I ended up removing the 1040 from the Garmin Connect app then also remove the Bluetooth connection from my phone Bluetooth settings. I then “add a device” from the Garmin connect app (iOS) completed that process which included a synchronisation (took a while so maybe it’s a more detailed synch compared to the usual synch that’s done when auto login or on the tab) hey presto it’s now all there! It could have been a combination of things I tried that helped it finally work but what I have explained above is what worked straight after the steps above.

• Right I finally got this to work.

I tried all the other things other people suggested on here but this what worked. I ended up removing the 1040 from the Garmin Connect app then also remove the Bluetooth connection from my phone Bluetooth settings. I then “add a device” from the Garmin connect app (iOS) completed that process which included a synchronisation (took a while so maybe it’s a more detailed synch compared to the usual synch that’s done when auto login or on the tab) hey presto it’s now all there! It could have been a combination of things I tried that helped it finally work but what I have explained above is what worked straight after the steps above.

• Good morning, 

I have followed your steps, disconnecting and reconnecting the edge from the phone and it has solved the problem. Thanks.

• Segments show up for me but distance to finish shows 0 which is weird. 

• Thank you and I will be riding tomorrow and will test it out. Overall though for me coming from a 530 I love the screen and how big and easy it is to see even though I have good eye sight. I will still probably keep my 530 for mtb sessions.

• Worked for me too. So no reset necessary