This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Strava Segments not syncing Edge 1040

I cannot get my Strava starred segments or courses  to sync on my Garmin Edge 1040 Solar.  I upgraded from a 530 to the 1040 Solar (had no issues with 530 and segments) and always see the same "Sign into your Strava account using your Garmin Connect account" via the segments widget. I am signed in and see "segments" widget on my web-based connect dashboard with my starred Strava segments. In the garmin connect app I see that segments are also enabled.  Anyone else have the same problem?

I have tried these things....

1. Disconnected Strava from Garmin and reconnected (on Strava's website) 

2. Disconnected Garmin from Strava and reconnected (via Garmin connect profile) 

3. Added new segments in Strava to hopefully force a sync (unsuccessful ) 

4. Tried syncs with Phone 

5. Tried syncs via Garmin express via USB-C Connector. 

• yes, i use the same email adress for garmin and strava, and i signed again in to summit on may 29th this year with the 12 month abo

• Same problem. My 1040 displays the Sign In prompt in Segment Explorer, but I already am signed in. The segments don’t seem to appear live when riding either though so far…

• Have had the same problem. After a reset it worked. However, no live segments are displayed to me while driving.

• Finally I also gave a try to a reset, and it solved the problem.

• Finally did the factory reset and removed the 530 from my mobile express. Now the segements are loaded to the edge 1040… will try next week if they appear during the ride

• maybe i was a little fast with my last update, the segment explorer now shows a list of segments, only if connected to Garmin Express Mobile iOS - Wifi does not work for downloading the list. if i select any of the segments and hit "download" a message is coming up "download failed"

• Same problem here. I do not wish to hard reset to solve the problem, too many configuration to get back. 

• Hi Garmin-Blake as you have escalated these reports and are able to reproduce it... is there a ETA for a Alpha / Beta Fix or a workaround... for me the procedure with a factory reset, connecting, disconnecting does not work. I can now use the embedded Segment explorer (only when connected via Bluetooth to the Phone / WIFI does not work for this?) but i can not download a segment (screenshots attached in this discussion), And if i look into the training section it does not show any segments, thus they do not pop up during a ride

• Have you activated all Strava Live segments in the training menu?

• if i go to training - segments - (on the edge, i get the message go to garminconnect.com and activate download segments) or simular (my system is in german). If i go to garminconnect.com it looks like i have Stava segments active. Did already swapp between Garmin and Strava segments several times now, and did the trick with staring unstaring the segments