This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

No TyreWiz support?

So I still have to use my old Garmin for TyreWiz data?

• Ant is the radio broadcast technology.  Ant+ is the standard that includes the profile of how the data should be formatted.  The stuff I mentioned was Ant+, meaning they are all using the same standard language.  I.e. they will all broadcast the same data in the same format so a head unit that doesn't care about manufacturer ID or those unique fields will read them the same

• My biggest surprise, after unboxing and setting up the 1040 that there is no tyrewiz support…it was a dealbreaker why I sent back my Karoo2, and the reason why I’ll probably step back to my 1030+…

• I bought the 1040 Solar, but have gone back to using my 1030 Plus until support for TyreWiz and Core Body Temperature is available. It's really frustrating to buy a new Garmin device and have no support for sensors that were working on the previous device. 

I contacted SRAM and they said they would let me know as soon as the IQ app was updated for the 1040. I also wrote to the CoreBodyTemp folks, but haven't received a reply (based on past experience, CoreBodyTemp has poor customer support unfortunately).

• YES!  I cancelled my Karoo2 order before it shipped for the same reason.  TyreWiz is one of those products like the Varia Radar that once you have it, you never want to ride without it.  It's crazy that no review mentioned that CIQ isn't working at all right now on the 1040.  I'm still using my 1030 Plus right now.  Haven't ridden with the 1040 once yet despite owning it for over a week now.  I'm still in disbelief that Garmin shipped a brand new flagship Edge unit with a highly unstable CIQ.

• So, has anybody received any acknowledgment that the data field will be updated shortly to be compatible with our device? I've sent a mail to the developer on day 1 but no reply so far.

• Not available yet although Garmin just updated the 1040 firmware to support ConnectIQ data fields today.  I can't believe they released this without CIQ support!  Now, we have to wait on SRAM to re-release the TyreWiz app which still isn't available.  I still haven't used my Edge 1040 yet despite owning it for two weeks.  Such a letdown.

• Life's full of letdowns

It took them a good couple of months to update it for the 1030.

• Yes, they did update it a couple of days later. Never did hear back from customer service though (asking for support is kind of like throwing a stone into a black hole).

• In case you may have missed the other thread: there's a new version 1.0.8 released, which supports the edge 1040. Actually it's also retro-compatible with other devices, but for some reasons they listed it separately...

It can be found here: apps.garmin.com/.../d1d7fe09-0f41-4067-94f4-2f8512a14737