This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Bug: Losing all sensor connections

Today, i became the new Garmin Edge1040,

so I configured it, properly. Connect all my sensors (HRMpro, Quarq Powermeter, Garmin Speedsensor2 ) and started to do a nice hilly ride.. 

but after  a few meters, he lost all connections. Sometimes during the entirely ride, he find them again, for a few seconds.

Parallel to the edge 1040 I used the new Forerunner to wrote the sensordata. It works without Problems. 

Sensor connections to the Forerunner 955 Ant+, to the Edge Bluetooth.

Firmware 12.11 it looks it‘s a early early beta. 

Very sad experience, to play the beta tester for such a device… 

• What a nightmare of firmware release.

• Installed the beta software and then went for an hours ride. All good. For info I had garmin HRM, speed and V3 power connected plus S20 galaxy phone 

• Did a 3hr ride with the new software + 2 CIQ fields ( SPH and Mapdashboard). They worked the whole ride, no problems so far except for my garmin HRM strap, which disconnected on a regular bases but I need to look into my HRM strap first before drawing any conclusions ( battery , strap it self, maybe disconnect and reconnect this sensor first,...)

• Rode for about 4 hours with the 1040 and the new firmware 12.14 using SPH Graph and all the sensors were fine.  I use a Tickr, Assoima Favero pedals, DI2, Radar and a speed sensor. 

• Made the update

Just finished 2h ride with hr, power, Varia, di2, speed

SPH and My Edge2

No problems

Worked perfect  

• Made the update

Just finished 3h ride with hr, di2, Cadence/speed, RTL515

SPH and My Edge2

No problems

Worked perfect  

• Hi! Did some testing with multiple data fields after installing the beta software. Sensor issues are indeed gone now. SPH Graph, EdgeDashboard, MapDashboard and all the Xert data fields work just fine. Did get issues with My Edge2 and New*Graphic Cycling Dashboard though. Work fine after first install but after auto stop/start were no longer on the data page and CIQ data fields were no longer accessible through the device or the CIQ app. Had to delete both from the device to get access again.

BTW: it seems that tapping on the screen to get back to the "home" screen doesn't work on pages with only CIQ data fields (eg EdgeDashboard).

• I have got the same issue with the home screen button on my datafield. I use my own datafield that I wrote. The home button worked on my 1030. It isn't though on the 1040. I thought it was the input delegate I use in the datafield but it isn't.

• I have a new 1040 with the latest firmware and it does not connect to my Di2 and HR-STRAP :( I have some IQ apps installed. Will try and delete them. 

• There's a beta firmware (12.14) and there's the latest public release (12.11?).  This bug was fixed in the beta software but you'd have to manually download and install that.  What firmware are you using?