This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

New Edge 1040 Public Beta 12.14 Now Available

A new Beta software for the Edge 1040 has been released. Full change log, instructions, and software for installing the beta can be found in the link below.

Edge 1040 (12.14) https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=15990

Notes:

• For any issues that you encounter please fill out the form included in the download and attach it to an email to [email protected]. Please note that you may not get a response to the email unless we need more information on the issue you report.
  • Although this software is believed to be reliable, it has not yet been released for production and should be used at your own risk.

Changes made from version 12.11 to 12.14:

• Fixed sensor dropouts when using Connect IQ data fields
  • Fixed Power Guide not working for users with high FTP
  • Fixed workout page being removed from the timer loop
  • Fixed segment data screen data fields
  • Improved product stability

Installation Instructions

1. Connect your Edge 1040 device to your computer using the USB-C cable.
  2. Download and unzip Edge1040Beta_1214Beta.zip folder.
  3. Copy the GUPDATE.GCD file from the Edge1040_*** distribution folder to the \Garmin folder of your device's internal storage drive.
  4. Disconnect your device from the computer, approve the update on the Edge, and wait for the update to finish.
  5. If you would like to revert to the last public release software, follow the above steps but place the GUPDATE_1211.GCD file in the \Garmin folder. Rename the file to GUPDATE.GCD before disconnecting your device.
    NOTE: If you revert to an older version of software, all of your settings will be reset to defaults.
  • Thank you. Your instructions above reference the 1030 and also say to use a micro usb cable. Minor updates needed to the instructions

• Thank you . We have corrected these errors. 

• Jees I expected a hot fix for the 4iiii powermeter issue, as I got replies from Garmin stating it was a "known issue":(

This update does not fix it at all. I just tested it, and the same problem persists: It does not stay connected tot the 4iiii p3 pwoermeter for more then 1 sec, and never gives a reading.

@garmin: Does this mean I got a useless device for another week?:(

• This is Beta compared to what? That disaster you shipped with? Truth is funnier than fiction.

• I provided Garmin with comparison fit files from my two computers with our problem. Let's hope they fix it for final release or next beta at least.

• There is no point in being a jerk when Garmin is trying to help us out and fix problems quickly.  I, for one, appreciate their effort.  And "disaster" is a bit harsh.  I haven't run into a single bug that stopped me from successfully using the unit.  I would imagine that the same is true for most users.  Even reviewers (gpLama, desfit, and dcrainmaker) didn't run into the bugs that some people are in such a huff about.  So, I would say that the unit is working pretty well for most users.  Maybe not for you but for most.  Insulting people and companies in the forum does nothing to help the situation.

• Other than the segment issue, which a quick and easy fix was on here, my unit has been excellent.  Certainly better than my 1030 which is now a nightmare to use. My 1030 has broken tabs (like a lot), unreliable battery level.  If I charge the 1030 to 100% then there’s at least a 50/50 chance it will either lock up and need a reboot or I’ll turn it on next day and the battery is 0%. This was for me “last chance Garmin” but I’ve been nothing but impressed with it so far.  

Some POSITIVE feedback:

1) battery life is amazing

2) screen sensitivity is much improved

3) climb pro better

4) like the power stamina screen

5) navigation is so fast (and more reliable)

6) really fast to start and connect to sensors

7) really fast to acquire satellites 

8) aluminium Mount so much better

9) like the Home Screen now I’m used to it

10) fonts are so much clearer even with the same screen resolution 

• I'm glad you are satisfied with the release and that it is working well for you. I, and others, are experiencing a lot of problems. I hope that eventually they all get fixed. Ride on.

• Make sure to read the other posts.  You might want to do a factory reset and get rid of any fields that might have been imported from old devices. 

• Fields were removed. We'll see if 12.14 stops the random lockups, the incessant notifications, and other annoying behaviors. *fingers crossed*

Not a problem per se, but I found the volume setting, but there doesn't appear to be a way to actually adjust the volume. Is this a bug or intended?