This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

New Edge 1040 Public Beta 12.14 Now Available

A new Beta software for the Edge 1040 has been released. Full change log, instructions, and software for installing the beta can be found in the link below.

Edge 1040 (12.14) https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=15990

Notes:

• For any issues that you encounter please fill out the form included in the download and attach it to an email to [email protected]. Please note that you may not get a response to the email unless we need more information on the issue you report.
  • Although this software is believed to be reliable, it has not yet been released for production and should be used at your own risk.

Changes made from version 12.11 to 12.14:

• Fixed sensor dropouts when using Connect IQ data fields
  • Fixed Power Guide not working for users with high FTP
  • Fixed workout page being removed from the timer loop
  • Fixed segment data screen data fields
  • Improved product stability

Installation Instructions

1. Connect your Edge 1040 device to your computer using the USB-C cable.
  2. Download and unzip Edge1040Beta_1214Beta.zip folder.
  3. Copy the GUPDATE.GCD file from the Edge1040_*** distribution folder to the \Garmin folder of your device's internal storage drive.
  4. Disconnect your device from the computer, approve the update on the Edge, and wait for the update to finish.
  5. If you would like to revert to the last public release software, follow the above steps but place the GUPDATE_1211.GCD file in the \Garmin folder. Rename the file to GUPDATE.GCD before disconnecting your device.
    NOTE: If you revert to an older version of software, all of your settings will be reset to defaults.
  • I found a spot to turn tones off.  But thats all I found.  No volume setting

• I confirm that this update does not solve the problem of untimely disconnections with the 4iiii precision 3 power sensor and edge 1040. On the 1030+ it works fine.
    a quick fix ?

• I am confirming that rampant "Off Segment" alerts are still happening with no obvious way to mute or actually stop them. I say "no obvious" as a disclaimer that this could be user error, but I'll be damned if I can figure out how to make it stop. As far as I can tell there's no way to even know which segment it thinks is active. Very confusing.

• I've not see that, but if you are able to share the activity file it will show what segment(s) that is.  Zipping up the segment folder and supplying that would also help.

(You can share them via a PM if you like)

You can also contact Garmin Support and report the issue and they can work the issue with you.

• Thank you, but the issue is how to deal with it while on the bike. How does one view this information directly on the Edge? And how do you select/unselect the active segment? I'm not on an active course or nav route. The real underlying issue is why do I get these off segment alerts at all? I'm not off segment. I am in fact on a known segment.

More specifically the behavior is this:

Riding along. I start getting these "Off Segment" popup alerts on the screen. Every time it shows up the edge beeps super loud. This will repeat at some pretty frequent intervals if I do nothing. Not exactly sure of the interval because I'm trying to ride a bike but I would estimate every 30s or so. If I tap on the popup alert it will be dismissed only to reappear immediately, beeping again. I can dismiss it infinitely (so far I've been unable to tap it enough times for it to stop) and it beeps every single time. 

There doesn't appear to be any way to view the active segment. There doesn't appear to be any way to deselect the segment. There doesn't appear to be a way to dismiss the alert. There doesn't appear to be a way to mute the alert, aside from turning off ALL audible alerts at the system level of the edge. Currently I have all audio turned off which means I don't hear shift alerts or radar alerts either. 

These issues do not exist with 830.

• Installed beta last night

did not manage to test workout page 

today 100 km without any issue, crash or freeze

Only problem to report

Temperature displayed is to high: around +3 C

Edge 830 was around 33C , same test performed in home, same +3C 

• Has anyone got the WindField data field working with the beta update? 

• Scottbeam already released a new version for the 1040 which works. I haven't tried the original with the beta. 

• Just tried the original and I can’t get it to work. I’ll try the temporary one again as I couldn’t get it to install earlier. 

• I noticed in another thread that someone reported they had it working with build 12.14