This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

any insight on maybe a new 1040 or whatever release date?

Anybody know anything on when a new Flagship Edge is coming out?

• What other ecosystem?

• wahoo (most likely) or karoo.  Would suck as we have 9 garmin devices but I am already pissed that I bought a edge 130 plus to find out after the fact it does not support pedal dynamics at all. When I bought the pedals that information was not readily available.

• I understand your frustration, I am with you but, from what I have sow, Wahoo does not have dedicated ecosystem and if you keen for data, and used to Garmin then you will miss alot 

If you want an simple device, then yes,Wahoo is ok

For example, you dont have multiple activity profile, you cannot scrool screen in both directions, you dont have climb pro, lap by positiin , ant Lights are not working (at lest for radar) and so on

Also garmin connect is very nice, and Wahoo is using different 3th party integration for every functionality

• I understand what you are saying.  But I had a 1030. Talked to a rep at garmin and we figured out a 130 plus would do all I  wanted with the rally pedals.  Well it does not.

I have a 130 plus, 945, varia radar, rally pedals, heart straps, cadence and speed sensor and an inreach.  I am happy with my garmin but very bitter about the miss-information on the 130 plus.  the 130 plus was meant to be a stop gap before the 1040 or whatever. We have seen a dozen new watches and nothing for bike computers. I sure as hell am not going to buy a 1030 plus.  

• Yes, i was intrested in 130 Plus, still I am, but the missing of the advanced data put me on hold, for example you dont have NP field

If I where you, I would sold 130 and grab 530 for a nice price

• I had a 1030 already.  I am not going backwards. I will get a competing product instead. Especially after being miss informed on the 130 plus.

• There may be another stop-gap option until the 1040.

Search Amazon for "Prepaid phone," get an Android, and don't put a SIM card in it. The WiFi & Bluetooth will still work without a SIM, and without a SIM there's no phone signal to drain the battery, and no reason to fear it being lost or stolen.

A good example might be the Blu View 2 for $28, or you may want a fancier $50 Motorola Moto g.

Install RwGPS if your preference is navigation with speech, power, HR, cadence, speed, elevation, etc. Connects to Garmin Rally, Garmin Varia 315 & 515, Garmin Speed Sensor, Garmin HRM, etc.

Install Jepster if your preference is Power Balance, Power smoothness, Power torque effectiveness, Strava Live Segments, something that looks remarkably like ClimbPro, and frankly more data than anyone could want except flow & trail. Works with my Garmin Dual Rally in dual L/R mode.

Or, install both. Or Strava. Or Angry Birds. It's an Android phone. Do what you want to it.

I find weekly 5 hour rides deplete batteries to ~50%.

Jepster is free.

RwGPS is free for metrics and recording a route. It becomes payable if you use it to follow a pre-planned route.

This solution might keep you happy until the 1040 surfaces and you can read reviews etc to make an informed decision.

• Great response.  Thank you.  Installed jepster had rwgps.  Also have an external dynamo for charging. I may just get a quadlock case and be done with it!!!  Have to check if my varia rtl 510 will work.

• The wait is going to kill me. I hope it's worth it and not just another Garmin rehash... Then the price will make us lose the hype