This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Edge 1030 Plus Beta Version 4.22 Now Available

Download 

Notes:

• For any issues that you encounter please fill out the form included in the download and attach it to an email to [email protected]. Please note that you may not get a response to the email unless we need more information on the issue you report.
  • Although this software is believed to be reliable, it has not yet been released for production and should be used at your own risk.

Changes made from version 4.19 to 4.22:

• Fixed various issues with course routing.
  • Fixed issues with indoor course mode.
  • Fixed issue with blank Strava segments appearing on the Segment Explore widget.
  • Fixed Browse Map panning.
  • CIQ
    Improved CIQ data field settings experience by always prompting when adding a settings-capable CIQ data field.
    Increased font size for app background messages.

Installation Instructions

1. Connect your Edge 1030 Plus device to your computer using the micro-USB cable.
  2. Download and unzip Edge1030Plus_422Beta.zip folder.
  3. Copy the GUPDATE.GCD file from the Edge1030Plus_*** distribution folder to the \Garmin folder of your device's internal storage drive.
  4. If there is a GPS_*** folder, place the 006B310706.GCD file into the \Garmin\RemoteSW folder of the device. Please note, not all Beta releases will include an update.
  5. Disconnect your device from the computer, approve the update on the Edge, and wait for the update to finish.
  6. If you would like to revert to the last public release software, follow the above steps but place the GUPDATE_410.GCD file in the \Garmin folder. Rename the file to GUPDATE.GCD before disconnecting your device.
    NOTE: If you revert to an older version of software, all of your settings will be reset to defaults.
  • Fixed issues with indoor course mode.

Thank you for fixing this. Appears to be back to expected behaviour from the brief test I did today.

• i have the same issue with beta from 1030

Former Member when it will be available ?

• Did you report this using the bug report form included with the beta firmware.

I reported it when I discovered that 'Follow a Course' did not work as expected after I installed the 4.18 beta.

• No, I did not, my bad

but the fix shoud be appplied acros the devices as the fw shares the same platform

• I did a 76km ride today with FW 4.22 and there were NO errors whatsover!

- no calculation errors
    - gps was not lagging
    - no crashes
    - no disconnects from Varia 515

So, very happy with this version.

• I did 170 km with firmware v4.22 and dit not notice any major issues except that once the satelites were lost.

After making a few courses in Garmin Express v7.6.0.0 and uploading these to the Garmin Edge 1030 Plus FW v4.22 Garmin Express
    reports a synchronisation error (error file sent to Garmin).

• I'm not yet happy with 4.22 :(

After 42km into a ride ... lost connection to my Varia 515, than a frozen display with non functional touch screen and non functional keys on my Edge Remote. After maybe 15 seconds the Edge 1030 Plus automatically rebooted.

There seems to be still some work/debugging to do.

I just sent them a feedback report.

• Well, after my flawless 76km ride from sunday, I now did a 105km ride. The route could not be calculated, got stuck at 43%. The device froze on the way back home and I had to perform a 10 sec reset routine. I contacted beta support and uploaded some evidence ;) It still seems there is an issue with route calculation.

I do wonder what Garmin changed in the last versions, because route calculation was never an issue for me up to FW 4.10 or so. Version 4.18, 4.19 and 4.22 all seem to have some routing issues.

• Same experience here.
    After a calculation is stuck and after a long wait, I finally cancel the calculation with "End course". But then the device freezes when turned off. Must be brought to life by long pressing the on/off button.
    I also told the beta team - with course.fit file.

And another bug: if you are not at the starting point after a successful calculation, the Edge asks if you want to navigate to the starting point. If you say "no", the calculation is performed anyway.

• even more:

- when I load the affected course, it gets stuck on 43%.
    - When I select another route (of which I know it is correct), it will not get loaded. The route appears in the screen, but is not calculated, and there is no TBT.
    - when I then power off the 1030+ (press the power button for 2 seconds, and then select "power off"), the device does not power off. The Power Off icon appears in the screen, but the device never powers off.
    - the only way to get out of this situation, is to do a long press/10 sec power down (reset).
    - when I then reload the other route, it is calculated correctly with TBT fine.

So, it seems, when the calculation gets stuck, some background process is preventing new route calculation and power off?