This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Edge 1030 Plus Beta Version 4.22 Now Available

Download 

Notes:

• For any issues that you encounter please fill out the form included in the download and attach it to an email to [email protected]. Please note that you may not get a response to the email unless we need more information on the issue you report.
  • Although this software is believed to be reliable, it has not yet been released for production and should be used at your own risk.

Changes made from version 4.19 to 4.22:

• Fixed various issues with course routing.
  • Fixed issues with indoor course mode.
  • Fixed issue with blank Strava segments appearing on the Segment Explore widget.
  • Fixed Browse Map panning.
  • CIQ
    Improved CIQ data field settings experience by always prompting when adding a settings-capable CIQ data field.
    Increased font size for app background messages.

Installation Instructions

1. Connect your Edge 1030 Plus device to your computer using the micro-USB cable.
  2. Download and unzip Edge1030Plus_422Beta.zip folder.
  3. Copy the GUPDATE.GCD file from the Edge1030Plus_*** distribution folder to the \Garmin folder of your device's internal storage drive.
  4. If there is a GPS_*** folder, place the 006B310706.GCD file into the \Garmin\RemoteSW folder of the device. Please note, not all Beta releases will include an update.
  5. Disconnect your device from the computer, approve the update on the Edge, and wait for the update to finish.
  6. If you would like to revert to the last public release software, follow the above steps but place the GUPDATE_410.GCD file in the \Garmin folder. Rename the file to GUPDATE.GCD before disconnecting your device.
    NOTE: If you revert to an older version of software, all of your settings will be reset to defaults.
  • So, it seems, when the calculation gets stuck, some background process is preventing new route calculation and power off?

That‘s absolutely the same behaviour like on my device. And that is what I told beta team.

• Same here. And I sent them tons of debugging files, rom dumps etc.

• These bugs were also present in beta 4.19, but now some calculations that were stuck before work, and others that worked in 4.19 are stuck now.

• Just a question: do you use original Garmin Cyclemaps?

• No. OpenStreetMap. But I also tried the Garmin maps enabled half an hour ago, just to be sure. Route got stuck on the same point in the calculation: 43%.

Update: I just disabled all OSM maps, and the route loaded fine!!!

I then re-enabled the OSM maps, removed the route cache, and selected the route again. It got stuck at 43%.

So, it seems there might be a relation with the OSM maps.

• Same here:
    beta 4.19: Both calculations - Garmin cyclemap and OpenMTBmap - stucked at different points (not all but most of them)

beta 4.22: on my tests only OpenMTBmaps stuck. But strange enough: one special course worked with beta 4.19 but not with beta 4.22 anymore (OMS).

It seems the calculation issue was cleared with beta 4.22 - but only for original GARMIN Cyclemaps.

The „navigate to start“ bug still exists, and the freeze bug after a canceled calculation as well.

• The work-around is:

- disable the OSM maps

- let the route calculate, it will be stored in cache then

- enable the OSM map

- ride your route Slight smile

• I keep getting random disconnects of all sensors on practically every ride once, this happened on 4.19 and is also happening on 4.22. They all reconnect back in about 10 seconds.

• My 515 disconnected once on my evening ride today.

• Issues with following route for me yesterday. 20km (one way) out and back ride. No problems outbound leg. At end point (within same ride, ie did not stop and start new ride) selected retrurn to start - along same route. Return route calculated fine, but about 4km from end while about 1/3 way up 6km 500m vert climb unit started telling me to make a u-turn (was on climb-pro screen at time: progress stopped although 'vertical remaining' kept going down). When I got to a rest point I tried to force it to recalculate route, but could not find a way that worked. I tried Back to start same route, Back to start most direct route, scrolling map and clicking on end point then route to point. None of these worked, sometimes calculation got stuck at 79%, sometimes just got "route calculation error". 

I normally ride areas I know well, so seldom use routes. A bit disappointing that it failed right when it would have been nice to know how much climbing was left.