This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Excessive displayed temperature

Even with FW 3.0 the temperature displayed on the edge 1030+ is 5 degrees celsius higher than the ambient temperature, especially when there is a lot of sun.

Same problem as the Edge 1030 3 years ago :

forums.garmin.com/.../wrong-temperature

• I'm currently on the 4.19β and was on the 4.18β before that.

It is only because they broke the Indoor Trainer 'Follow a Course' functionality in the 4.18β (still broken in 4.19β) that I have been able to compare the Edge 1030 Plus reported temperature with that reported by Tempe.

As a fallback until this is fixed, I am using my fēnix 6X Pro to control my smart trainer for 'Follow a Course' functionality with the Edge 1030 Plus connected to the fēnix as an extended display. It works, but the small screen and buttons for control make it challenging.

• Hey All,

I noticed this higher temperature displayed on my 1030 Plus, compared with other devices like 1030, 820 and Wahoo. Something around 2 degrees

I'm using the firmware 4.10 and looking for the beta ones, there is no mention to correction.

Any suggestion?

Best

• Any suggestions?

Yes, Garmin recommends as a workaround the installation of brain2.0.exe. This will enable you to automatically subtract the extra degrees Celsius from the displayed temperature. I have tested it, it works.

Joke....seems to be rocket science for Garmin.

• Do you have more information on installing brain2.0.exe? I want to try it, but cannot find anything about it.

• Unfortunately no. But brain2.0.exe seems to be an upgrade that is installed in the background and replaces brain.exe. That means without brain.exe in delivery state no upgrade is possible ;)

I would like to know what the cover contributes to the mismatch. The temperature behavior is slow. It takes already 10-15 minutes in winter until the temperature in the display is stable after the bike comes out of the warm storage room.

• Unfortunately no. But brain2.0.exe seems to be an upgrade that is installed in the background and replaces brain.exe. That means without brain.exe in delivery state no upgrade is possible ;)

JoyJoyJoy

• This week I did two rides with my 1030 plus. One day it was really hot and humid and the temperature difference between the edge and my apple watch was around 4-5 degrees (higher on the edge).

Today on the second ride it was not so humid anymore and there was no temperature difference between both devices.

Also on my rides in winter time I did not notice any huge temperature differences.

The current beta 4.22 is installed on my edge 1030 plus.

• Thank you. Where can I get Brain or Brain2.0 so that I can install it? I've searched for it but cannot find anything that appears to be related to this purpose.

• That was a JOKE…there is no such software. Can we get back to topic please

• Thank you. I think I should use more smileys....Thinking

One thing about Garmin (I've been using their devices for more than 10 years).They build (mostly) good devices and they are market leaders. But you can forget that anyone at Garmin cares about what is written here. You get support if the device makes problems within the warranty period. But there is no wishful thinking. The forum is more like a support group (like Alcoholics Anonymous). If one accepts that, life goes on, even with +2-4 degrees more. 

...or they are visionary and want to tell us that we have to get used to such temperatures due to global warming. Who knows?

Should I put a smiley at the end?