This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Wrong Temperature

after few days of use I've seen 1030 temp value are constantly higher than real (and 520/1000 too). This difference is about 4 'C. A little few at about 25 'C (3,5 'C), and a little more near 0'C (4,5'C). Today I put 1000 and 1030 in refrigerator and they red 5.0/9.6 'C
  • Correct, I've noticed too !
  • I've compared same activities with my friends have 1000 and 520. Difference is costant at about 4 degree.

I think it's not complicated correct this imperfection with a simple software filter
  • I have same issue...has this been corrected with u guys?
  • We are still investigating reports of temperature being off by a few degrees.
  • I've found my garmins with temp sensors are never 100% accurate. If you riding/stopped in direct sunlight in summer temperatures, it's going to be higher than the actual temp. In winter/shaded areas, the temperatures are more accurate. It comes down to knowing what will affect/skew the temp.
  • Why temp on the 1030 is also 4 degrees Fahrenheit high compared to my wife’s 1000 and weather report
  • That is also the case on my Edge 1030, I can not beleive that Garmin can in 2017 make a product that can not display correct temperature.
  • I don't use a 1030. but upon reading the comments above - especially those comparing a 1030 to a 1000 - I'd just like to make one observation. The 1000 is generally acknowledged to usually give temperature readings which are two of three degrees Celsius below the actual temperature (as noted above, shade vs direct sunlight, the effect of charging on the go, and air cooling will all make a significant difference to the temperature displayed). By the sound of things, the 1030 may have skewed the temperature slightly in the other direction, but it's probably no more inaccurate than the 1000, and may well be quite a bit better.
  • Today :

On my edge 520 : 9,7 degrees Celsius and 12,3 degrees with edge 1030.
  • Is there any news regarding wrong temperature on 1030? No mention in 3.58 beta firmware.
    I have noticed that the error raises as temperature gets lower, for example at around 0C it displays around 5C, but at 10C it displays around 12C.
    It seems to me that this is hardware error, maybe temperature sensor is not calibrated to compensate for internal heat of the unit.