This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Express- continued prompts to update maps

I selected Europe as the only region I want to install on my device. 

However, GE keeps insisting on informing me that I can put additional maps onto the device- is there any way to remove this prompt?

• Same for me, still not fixed. 

I just shot you a PM requesting some more details. 

• support told me to deinstall most of the .img files. For recovery i made a backup of all deleted data. it doesn't help and still couldn't install or update maps. but more awful i couldn't restore the backup files because no disk size left(2gb from 32). Files i deleted are not visible on garmin but it seems they still using the disk storage. please garmin do something...if support gives me advices that leads to a not usable unit that's really annoying. Hope i can return the device ....

• With your Garmin connected to computer empty the trash bin. This will remove the hidden files on your device as well as the computer. 

• You made my day !!!!! Thx a lot. I used did utility etc but didn't thought about that. Now my problem with map updates is  fixed too.

Big Thanks

• How is this progressing? I'm coping but it'd be nice to see a fix. 

• Updated to 7.5.0.0, broken again. Can no longer see the installed maps or update them. Thinking about returning the device even if it requires a court order. This sh*t has been ongoing for 1 year.

• I also upgraded to 7.5 and it's broken for me as well. It's ridiculous that their flagship product has fundamental issues with their tool. 

If it wasn't for the facts that I've got a second computer that does work and there are still some features that I really like that are only available on Garmin, otherwise I'd be looking elsewhere. That's from someone that's been a huge Edge fan since 2008. 

• No joy for me either Disappointed

• Just installed Garmin Express on my Macbook. It seem to work fine there updating maps! Still not working on my up to date win10 computer (for month now)...

• This is still an open ticket and I apologize for the lack of info. I understand it is frustrating to hear "we are still working on it" over and over, but it is also frustrating to hear nothing back. 

For any users still seeing issues updating maps in Express, the below info would be helpful to see if we need to reach out to you specifically for more details. 

• What computer OS are you running Express on? 
    • What version of Express do you have installed? 
    • What is the SW version on your Edge? 
    • Do you see maps available in express? 
    • Do you see any error messages or failures when updating maps? 

Thank you for all of your patience and I do apologize for the continued frustration for those who are experiencing updating issues.