This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Express- continued prompts to update maps

I selected Europe as the only region I want to install on my device. 

However, GE keeps insisting on informing me that I can put additional maps onto the device- is there any way to remove this prompt?

• How this still hasn't been solved is absolutely beyond me....this has been a problem since launch. 

Perhaps a trend- similar to the "lost satellites" issue due to which I sold my previous Edge 1030 Plus 

• Sure, I’d be happy to help. 

• Updated Garmin Express to v7.4.0. The problem still there. "Map Updates Available", however when trying to update it simply closes the update popup and does nothing.

Garming reaches another disgraceful level by ignoring this problem for several months.

• This has been escalated with new Express logs on the latest version. I will update this thread when I have more information to share. 

• Better late than never ;)

• Upgraded to 7.4. The 1030 Plus syncs fine and it now says "You're up to date!" (vs the "you've map updates to install" message I was getting before). However clicking on the "Manage Maps" button says "Reconnect Device to Continue". I do what it says and get the blank screens as before. 

• Also have the same issue just updated the Garmin Express to 7.4.0.0 using firmware 4.10 on Edge 1030 pro ( got maps 2020.10 tells me there is a update 2020.20)

• Still not working on mine I select install, I get the screen that talks about important notes click continue then it goes back to the install screen, its in a loop. If I choose manage maps or view details I get the message reconnect device. my edge1030,edge 820, fenix 5x all update fine.

Update: Here is what I did to get my unit current I have had issues with my drone before using the usb extensions on the front of the pc, moved to the usb port off of the back of the pc. Killed the GE app entirely an relaunched the app after that I was able to update the first map, when I tried to update the second app I got the message device not detected. Killed the app again and relaunched and was able to update the remaining maps.

After the update, it showed I still had three maps to update so once again I killed the app and ejected the device and let it boot up, verified all maps were up to date which they were. Plugged the device back into the pc and relaunched GE and now my device says its up to date.

Not an ideal way to have to update the device:(

• This has been escalated with new Express logs on the latest version. I will update this thread when I have more information to share.

I am being cautiously optimistic but mine seems to be working great at the moment. I was able to install the North and South America, EU, and Australia maps with no problems "unlocking" maps or needing new updates.  I am going to spend 99.99999% of my ridding time in the US but I like to have what I paid for  Slight smile

• Update. After many re installation and tries on my regular laptop. i installed Garmin express on another Laptop (Same Version)  and then i could update the maps directly.