This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Express- continued prompts to update maps

I selected Europe as the only region I want to install on my device. 

However, GE keeps insisting on informing me that I can put additional maps onto the device- is there any way to remove this prompt?

• Is this the update or are we still waiting? 7.3.1 does not work.

• I deleted all the maps off my device (after backing them up!). I deleted Garmin Express off my PC. I reinstalled Garmin Express.

The manage maps screen still doesn't show any maps, but the bottom storage space bar shows that I've got around 40% storage used up for "other". But looking in Windows Explorer, I've clearly got nearly 100% of the storage free (as you'd expect with no maps).

I'm convinced this is root of the issue.... Garmin Express and/or my Edge 1030 is stuck in thinking it's got 40% of storage used for something that isn't maps, that there are no maps and therefore there's no work to be done. Wherever that data is cached needs to be cleared/reset and them I'm sure it'll all work fine. See attached.Rafe Garmin Express.pdf

• What's really frustrating is I'm doing, and capable of doing, and willing to do decent diagnostic work on this issue but no-one at Garmin wants to engage. 

• Success! 

On my regular PC I did the following: 

* Uninstall Garmin Express & ticked option that said "Remove all Garmin Express data" 
    * Deleted extra files from: C:\Users\rafe\AppData\Local\Garmin, C:\Users\rafe\AppData\Local\Garmin_Ltd._or_its_subsid and C:\ProgramData\Garmin because "Remove all Garmin Express data" clearly didn't do what it said
    * Deleted the registry key: Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Garmin
    * Reinstall Garmin Express

On startup, I had to reregister my Edge 1030 Plus but it made no difference to maps, same issues I've documented loads. Garmin Express just doesn't acknowledge I have maps installed.

Borrowed another laptop that had never seen Garmin Express before and installed it onto that. Reregistered my Edge 1030 Plus. Worked as you'd expect - showed all the maps I was entitled to etc. and upgraded the maps just fine. 

Plug the Edge back into my PC, same issue exists. 

So there's definitely something wrong with Garmin Express on certain computers that means it can't understand that there are maps on the device and that they could be upgraded. 

• I do not have a computer that Express has never been installed on. Come on Garmin! Figure out the issue! These are $600 units and I hate owning any device at any price that won’t update. How incredibly annoying. Clearly the issue is not fixed. Let’s try 7.3.2!

• I have a Mac BTW.

• What’s strange for me is that Garmin Express updated the maps on my wife’s 530 with no problems but refuses to update my 1030 Plus. 

• I tried removing all but the European maps to free space but that didn’t make a difference. I then removed the European maps and copied the updated maps that had been downloaded for my wife’s 530 to my 1030 plus. I now no longer get prompts to update maps but when I click Manage Maps it’s all blurred out. 

• Can I get your permission to reach out to you directly to gather some information? This will be necessary to escalate this, as the most recent update to Garmin Express was expected to resolve this, but hasn't for many users. 

• I'd be very happy for you to reach out directly to me. As mentioned before I'm very technical (as you'll see from above where I did quite a bit of diagnosis) and am still experiencing the same issue.