This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Express- continued prompts to update maps

I selected Europe as the only region I want to install on my device. 

However, GE keeps insisting on informing me that I can put additional maps onto the device- is there any way to remove this prompt?

• This is the same as I've seen. Same Edge 1030 Plus updates faultlessly on my work laptop, but not my home computer. 

• Got my new garmin edge 1030 plus today and installed garmin express(7.4.1.0). Europe and United states maps are greyed and a blue icon on both that there is not enough space to install it. I can't remove US to get europe installed or is this a wrong message and everything is fine ?

Nice start into the garmin world...

• You are not alone, i just cannot understand why my edge has no spare capacity, 31.05 GB with just 17.47 GB of .img files stored. There is nothing else much of any size on it so where has the 13 GB gone?

• Hi, thanks for the link, very informative. I went through that process a few days ago, however it still fails to reinstall maps of Europe and US which it did perfectly when I first bought my edge. It did all that and still had spare capacity. As of today with the same maps I am still baffled with the lost storage capacity. This is my manage maps screen shot, does not tell me a great deal other than my edge is full of 'other'. 

• Hi, thanks for the link. after doing all the steps described in the video i still can't update or remove maps.

• Garmin support In dutch ( Mac )

Ik wil u vragen alle ".img" - ".unl" en ".gma" bestanden van de Edge te verwijderen vanuit de Mac Finder.

Verwijder echter geen bestanden met de titel "gmapbmap".

Daarna dmv Garmin Express synchroniseren en de kaart installeren.

Try this. remove all maps and reinstall garmin express add the edge and try again to install the maps. 

my problem now: no connection with  connect

• It has taken Garmin a grand total of 9 months to NOT come up with a solution. What a joke

• Hello, I believe I have solved the problem. The files that were deleted from your Edge are still there, they are just hidden. You need to connect your Edge to your computer, in my case an iMac, and then empty the trash bin. this will remove the hidden files from your Edge. I freed up 20GB of space and now all my map updates work. 

• I don’t have the option to do this on Windows 10, Windows tells me I have 20GB free and it seems that Garmin Express partly recognises that. However when I go to Manage maps nothing is listed and the breakdown has a large chunk as Green/Other and nothing as Blue/Maps. Grey/Free shows up as around half whereas it should be more like two thirds since I only have 9GB in use according to Windows.