Total ski distance still wrong after update to v15.76/v15.77

Dear Garmin,

I have been skiing this week and the total ski distance is including lifts. This also ruins my statistics in Strava.

In the Garmin app I can see the ski runs, and the distances. However the total skiruns should represent the total distance in the activity.

The same issue is with the total time of the activity.

I have updatet my Garnin MARQ (Gen 2) watch, powered it off and started it again.

This is not a sollution.

Please Garmin fix this as soon as possible as the skiing season is already started.

Regards,

Jorgen

• 15.77 has been released with a fix for that. 

https://forums.garmin.com/beta-program/fenix-7-series/f/announcements/355081/v15-77---live-release 

Try see if you can get it by checking software update, else it should be released soon. Of course you can enrool into beta, but it seems like a release ready to go live. 

• Thanks for your quick reply!

I signed up for the public beta program and I can see the update now.

Installing it right now and hope to have the right statics tomorrow on the piste again.

• The problem is NOT solved after installation of fix 15.77.

The total km shown in the activitity is still including LIFT-km's.

This is not correct.

Is this problem know by Garmin? Or is there a different solution.

Any help would be appriciated.

• The lift distance is now expected to be included in the totals unless you turn off your Auto Run feature and control each run from the top.

• If I understand correctly, if I set auto decent off in the settings, the skilift km’s will not be included in the totals?

I still think it is strange that non activity km’s are included in the total’s. This is not how it worked in the past.

• Totally pointless.
    We're interested in how much we skied - not the lift.
    I keep my watch under my glove, and my gloves are often under the sleeve of my jacket. Instead of starting from under the ski lift I have to take off my gloves and play with the watch? Why would you change something that was good.

• Chris, if you do this intentionally, you are messing up everyones statistics who is syncing to strava or other apps too. 
    This is nonsense. Then at least make sure you map it to a different field that is not total distance synced with other apps. 
    Garmin really strives a lot to force people to look for alternatives. 
    Who the *** comes with these ideas and who is approving these? 
    Are you guys at Garmin not using your products????
    I am sorry for being angry, but this is really crap....

• I would very much like to meet the person who gave minus what tomoooo wrote - show us your skiing activities. Because I am more than sure that to judge on the minus can only be someone who has nothing to do with skiing at all. So maybe kindly don't "comment" on a topic that doesn't concern you.

• I suspect the down vote had less to do with the watch's ability to accurately track skiing activities and more to do with the aggressive tone of tomoooo's post.

• Sorry I am frustrated, This is the second time I experience skiing app to be completely broken. First when Fenix 6x came up. It was unuseable exactly before skiing season with live firmware. I personally was sending fit files to the outdoorbeta team and communicating with them to fix it.  
    Now again. And both times before skiing season. 

I know we are in Beta, so we are willing to accept bugs, but we are not in alpha stage that nothing works. And if people here would not open this, the broken skiing app would make it to live version.
    We are here to help Garmin to improve their product. So I do no understand why Garmin is doing the oposite. 
    Is the intention:

1.to make people jump away from Strava and other 3rd party apps? 

2. Or they just think who cares the the total distance is wrong, so they will have lift in it. 

it is skiing app, so the total distance should be total distance skied, not distance sitting in lift too. 

you want to show it great, show it as "lift" distance field

As I said before this decision (which makes absolutely no sense) is totally wrong. And the suggestion not to use the auto lap to avoid it is ever worse.

And this is nothing against Chris or Mel, but I hope they have some link through some levels to the "software design architect" to point this wrong decisions out.