v14.31 - Fast Battery Drain Aviator MARQ Gen 2

I just notice huge battery drain after firmware 14.31 update, With native watchface, general use (no exercises etc) , after 24h time battery drain 60% - "yesterday 100% today 41%" 

Top Replies

All Replies

• Did you manage to do the rollback to 13.22? Or is the drain on 14.31 still? 

• Did you manage to do the rollback to 13.22? Or is the drain on 14.31 still? 

Still on 14.31. I'm away on holiday, without laptop, i have phone and charger cable etc. I'll do definitely downgrade as soon I'll be back. 

• Software version 14.36 has been released to address the fast battery drain issue.

• Our engineering team is working to resolve a fast battery drain specific to only the SE Asia/APAC watches.

***Please do not warranty exchange your device through Product Support unless your watch already had a battery related issue long 'BEFORE' updating to v14.31 software while your watch was using the v13.22 software.***

Hello,

I appreciate your prompt response. I purchased my watch in Germany approximately 4 months ago, and as you might be aware, the Gen 2 Aviator comes at a considerable cost. I must admit that I am concerned about the value of such an investment if these issues persist.

It's disheartening to experience the same battery problems reported in SE Asia/APAC.I'd like to emphasize that I had absolutely no issues with battery drain before the update to v14.31 software.

Your assistance in resolving this matter is greatly appreciated. 

• It is too early to know if the new software being released very soon will also fix your MARQ's battery drain issue. The update will be coming quickly though so it may be worth waiting before going as far as a reset to defaults. If the new software coming does not resolve your issue, you might still be able to correct the behavior without needing to have your watch warranty replaced through your region's Product Support.

Please try the following:

- Restart your watch. Power it off then back on again using the normal method.

- Soft Reset by holding down your top left button until your watch shuts off then let go of the button.

Consider after trying the new software update first:

- Reset to Defaults through your System > Reset menu.

• Same issue Wearyon my Marq 2 after upgrade to 14.31

Such a serious problem should not pop up on a final release

• Software version 14.36 has been released to address the fast battery drain issue.

Thank you. 

I am writing to report a concerning issue I've encountered with the latest firmware update, version 14.36, on my gen 2 aviator 

Since updating to this firmware, I have been experiencing a significant battery drain problem, particularly during sleep mode. For instance, during a 4-hour and 35-minute sleep, my battery lost nearly 44% of its charge. This issue is not limited to a single occurrence; I consistently notice a 60-70% battery drain during 8-hour sleeps.

Initially, I suspected that third-party watch faces from the Connect IQ store might be responsible for the excessive power consumption. To test this theory, I switched to a built-in watch face before sleep, but the problem persisted.

It's worth noting that this battery drain issue was first noticed with firmware version 14.31 and continues with the latest release, 14.36. This has become a significant concern for me, and I believe it needs urgent attention and resolution.

I kindly request that your development team investigates this matter promptly and works on a solution to address this battery drain issue. If you require any additional data or logs to assist in diagnosing the problem, please do not hesitate to ask, and I will provide the necessary information.

I am a dedicated user of gen 2 since since fenix 3 models, and I value its performance and features. I look forward to your prompt response and a solution to this issue, as it greatly impacts my overall experience with the device.

Thank you for your attention to this matter, and I appreciate your commitment to improving your products.

P.S. Before you reply, I would like you to know that I've already performed a factory reset since updating to version 14.36, and I had no issues with the device before firmware version 14.31. Please refrain from suggesting that I need to visit a local repair center or perform another device reset.