What is the lifecycle of the Marq Aviator Gen 2, When does Gen 3 come out?

The Marq Aviator Gen 2 runs the same software as the D2 Mach 1, a watch I already own. I decided to pull the trigger on the Marq Aviator Gen 2 due to its styling improvements. My question is how often does Garmin plan to refresh this watch? Is it going to be a yearly cycle like the mainstream aviation watches or less frequently. On one hand I would definitely like to always have the latest and greatest features Garmin plans to offer, but on the other hand upgrading every year is pretty darn expensive.

Thanks in advance for the help

• I don't need anything, I would like a Marq Gen 2 which although it is a very nice watch it is not a Rolex. It is still a "top of the line" performance tracker and as such has a limited lifespan. Given the car analogy, if you have 2 models at different  luxury levels sharing the same engine it is unlikely that the manufacturer would upgrade the engine in the cheaper version before the more expensive version. In doing this I feel that Garmin have made the Marq 2 less desirable to prospective customers who are looking for a best in class product.  

• Do you think it’s such a massive upgrade?

If you like the Marq 2 then go for it, the fact that the epix 2 has a more up to date heart rate monitor not such a big thing imo. It’s  an evolutionairy step not a game changer or deal breaker. Goiing back to cars it’s a better set of seats not an new engine, if you didn’t had an issue with the old seats, why bother…

• If certified the new HR sensor will be able to perform ECG something the Marq 2 will never be able to do as it cannot be implemented in software. So its a step change rather than evolution. A Marq 2 Pro would be easy for Garmin implement as it doesn't involve change to the chassis. As I said, I don't need it so I guess it can wait. Your comments were appreciated anyway.

• In doing this I feel that Garmin have made the Marq 2 less desirable to prospective customers who are looking for a best in class product.  

You must be new to the Garmin brand? Let me catch you up: they make THE ABSOLUTE BEST hardware, but insist in shootin themselves in the foot with (totally avoidable) firmware bugs/inconsistencies and poor product strategy especially when it comes to disregard for premium customers.

• I don’t think so, at least speaking for myself. What got me convinced buying a Mark over anny other smartwatch is how good it looks and feels on the wrist, I recommend anyone considering to buy one to go to a shop and try it out (….and stop watching YouTubers comparing feature specs ;-)) 

• I've not found the new Marq 2 at all buggy. Good experience so far. I'm not sure what you'd have them do for product strategy.  If they released a new Marq every time they released improved the hardware on a less premium version, they'd probably be a new Marq every few months which would annoy even more people. 
    Also, the Marq isn't pitched as 'best in class'. It's simply a more premium case, a point that many people including YouTube reviews can't seem to get their heads around. 

•  I think this illustrates how much the importance of the internal hardware is perceived relative to the case. As I said earlier it is a very nice sports watch with a shelf life and value which is judged by its position in the ecosystem.

• Mcbit , not sure if I understand the point you are tryiing to make? If it’s not you’re taste, then don’t buy it, you don’t have to :-).