What is the lifecycle of the Marq Aviator Gen 2, When does Gen 3 come out?

The Marq Aviator Gen 2 runs the same software as the D2 Mach 1, a watch I already own. I decided to pull the trigger on the Marq Aviator Gen 2 due to its styling improvements. My question is how often does Garmin plan to refresh this watch? Is it going to be a yearly cycle like the mainstream aviation watches or less frequently. On one hand I would definitely like to always have the latest and greatest features Garmin plans to offer, but on the other hand upgrading every year is pretty darn expensive.

Thanks in advance for the help

• I am not saying that it is not to my taste merely trying to point out to those in denial about where the value of the product lies. The Marq and Marq Gen 2 cases are virtually identical the prices are not... because no one wants to buy a Marq which doesn't have the latest internal hardware. Hence I'm am saying that Garmin have devalued the Marq Gen 2 and likely reduced sales because of the upgrades made to the Fenix/ Epix series. I don't believe that I have a unique perspective on this and it is likely that many more people feel this way.

Having said all of that, after giving it due consideration I have just ordered one as the Fenix 7 Sapphire will be my primary wearable with the Marq filling in 24 hr duties when i feel like wearing something a little more dressy. But given the prices above I could have bought a Marq Gen 1 plus a Fenix 7 Pro Sapphire and got the best of both worlds. Thinking

• OK, i understand. Have you considered only bying the Mark gen 2? Overall you would spend a bit less and you can wear the mark 2 all the time?

• I have ordered the Marq Gen 2, I already own a Fenix 7 Sapphire which will remain my Primary tracker now and probably until a Fenix 8 arrives. I was just amused by the fact that you could buy a Marq1 and a Fenix 7 pro for less than the cost of a Marq 2.

• Or rather InReach functionality. That would place them with a unique selling point. Going to places where no cellular signal is available. I have a MARQ Aviator GEN1. But I will wait until the GEN3.

• I have loved my Aviator Gen 1, and want the Gen 2, but the Epix is larger, last longer amd comes in at 51MM. I wear this watch more than my Breitling. I hope they come out with a Gen 3 that is 51MM with all the new sensors. Give me that 31 day batt life all day! Go big or go home LETS GO!

• Garmin, please make a Marq watch with 1.4 in. display.

• i'm of the opposite opinion, please don't make it larger so the watch becomes unusable as a daily wearer.

• As soon as it was released, I purchased 51mm Epix 2 Pro because I been waiting for larger amoled display on Fenix like watch. Garmin's demand is increasing, therefore Garmin should keep up production with latest technology to the customers. It should be no doubt that Marq watches should be improved as quickly as the rest of their models because demand exists. I would buy a Marq watch as soon as they have one that matches their top features of other models, currently like my Epix 2 Pro 51mm. Please Garmin make a Marq with 1.4 in. screen. 

• This is why, they should make multiple sizes like their Fenix and Epix line. Because one size does NOT fit all.

• Same here, or at least 1.3".