This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

MARQ 2 CAPTAIN seems to only SYNC with Garmin Chart Plotters

One of the reasons I bought the MARQ2 Captain was its ability to display boat data on the watch, including autopilot, speed, GPS, heading, etcetera.

Unfortunately, it seems the integration only works if you have GARMIN chart plotters on your boat. I have SIMRAD. It is a bit unfortunate that Garmin does not open up the ability to other providers. The analogy would be to have APPLE not allow you to play YOUTUBE on your phone, or do GOOGLE search on your phone.

Anybody knows if Garmin has any intent to open up data integration outside the GARMIN suite of tools? Surely seems like a missed opportunity.

• I am sorry there is not compatibility beyond our own Garmin Marine products. Compatibility has consistently been this way going back to our first marine focused watches. The Quatix 5 and MARQ (Gen 1) Captain.

I do not disagree with your analogy but I am unsure why a 3rd party marine company would risk the chance allowing Garmin devices to integrate with them. It could very well result in them losing more market share to us if a customer decided it would be better to have their Garmin marine watch work with all things Garmin marine instead.

• I have to say that this is a rather naive and short-sighted response. 
    I have Raymarine plotters on my boat and was planning to buy a Marq-2 Captain but won’t die to the incompatibility. 

Sad to realize that Garmin doesnt care about customers. 

• I have to say that this is a rather naive and short-sighted response. 

I am unsure how to respond.

Sad to realize that Garmin doesnt care about customers. 

I respectfully disagree based on my own experiences the last 10+ years with Garmin but it is your opinion.

If you would like to recommend we make our products more compatible with our competitors products and vice versa for our competitors, please submit your advice to our ideas page here: Ideas. We appreciate it. Thank you for taking the time.

I hope you have a nice weekend. Slight smile