This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

The Tide Widget Petition

Tides are available on old Casio Protrek/pathfinder/g-shocks for decades, why not on the high tech Instinct ?

If you think a true Outdoors Smartwatch deserves a way to follow tides.
If you surf with your Instinct
If you fish with your Instinct
If you use the Boat activity and knows where the MOB is hidden

Answer that thread to show to Garmin: we would love a tide widget and we say "please" ! :-)

Top Replies

All Replies

• so you need pick color and software for a bad business model? you all apple lovers? software should not be tied to the same hardware with many versions.

• not end of story, that's a bad excuse and business model. They add widgets to instinct now and then. there's no reason they couldn't add tide and e-sports to instinct except for making people angry.

• That's the way it is. get over it. they chose to sell the feature on the newer watch so even if it's technically possible to make it available to the old instinct, they won't do it. Bear in mind that the old instinct also has a tide version (more expensive) it's just not available to all markets.www.garmin.co.jp/.../

• i'm not even talking old version, i have solar.

• i have solar.

You're posting in the wrong forum. Maybe you'll have better luck asking for something you didn't pay for when others did in the Instinct Solar forum. 

• tides is software, if device has room in memory, it can be added. if it does not have room in memory, then it cannot be.

Yes, it can be added, and it was done. In the more expensive model. And that's the exact reason it won't be added to the less expensive one. If you want it, get it. 

• not end of story, that's a bad excuse and business model. They add widgets to instinct now and then. there's no reason they couldn't add tide and e-sports to instinct except for making people angry.
    so you need pick color and software for a bad business model? you all apple lovers? software should not be tied to the same hardware with many versions.

As a consumer, you have a personal responsibility - buy the product that meets your needs.  It's simple.  If you bought a product that does not meet your needs, that's your fault, not the fault of the maker of that product.  It's up to you to change your buying habits, not the responsibility of manufacturers to modify their products to meet your needs AFTER you bought the wrong product.

So, now you have two clear choices: continue to *** to anonymous others on an internet forum, or buy the available product that meets your needs.

Now, truly, this is the end of the story.

• This exactly. The fact is, people are confused because adding new features through firmware is a thing.Take body battery for example. But there was no "body battery" garmin instinct version back then. Publishing a universal "tide" update for all instincts would be like killing the recently released instinct solar surf..It simply can't happen.

• I honestly thought the only difference between the instinct and the surf edition was that the Surfline cameras would record you with the surf edition.  I had assumed that, of course, tide and moon phase information would be available on the instinct because they are available on other very simple watches.  Please make tides available and surfing as an available activity.  The reason I would not buy a surf edition is because the designs look like they are for kids and I am a grown man.  White and blue tiger stripes?  Come on, at least get one adult looking style if you are going to force us to buy the surf edition to get tide and surf activity tracking.