This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Instinct 2S Solar crashing randomly

Hi,

yesterday my watch crashed during trail running and then couple of minutes after the activity. The latest crash was last night and I lost sleep data. Is this software or hardware issue?

BR,

Janne

• I don't know if this answer is helping. This watch has been on the market for seven months now.  I'm calling it now the cyberpunk edition because I think Garmin will need 12 months to get most of the code stable.  I cannot use the NFC chip and the watch stays too long in a power-safe mode when I want to use it. 

• Given your watch has multiple issues, please reach out to Outdoor Product Support in your region to discuss it.

• I did. Garmin researched my watch for two weeks and send it back with the message it is a software problem and I have to wait for the update. But now I have to read here that there isn't a solution.

• You are correct the software update to fix the random restarts issue has not been released yet. You stated you also have an NFC chip issue. That issue is going to be your specific watch and is not part of a known issue within current software.

You should consider speaking with Outdoor Product Support again.

• We have more random restarts. We think this is an NFC payment, but it may not be. It's more of a memory problem. If the watch is reset manually by soft reset within 5 days, to restart at sync. or saving the activity will not happen. It didn't happen before, the problem has been around for 3 months, unfortunately no one is solving it.

• unfortunately no one is solving it.

Our engineering team continues to work on resolving the issue.

• I am also having the same issue. I went for a run this afternoon and it seemed to shut off at after the first mile, no sound or anything just went dark. I restarted it only to have it stopped recording my run at 8:04 minutes and asking me to resume it. I would resume it and it did the same thing about 20 seconds later with the same 8:04 stop time as before. I repeated this process 2 more times before giving up. 

• I have updated my version to 9.23, I think the NFC issue should be solved, but it didn't. After updating, it goes well for days, but when I add a NFC card to the watch, it reboot all the time. I have to reset the watch to stop the rebooting. Instinct2 Solar APAC.

Thank you.

• I did the factory reset and same thing it was good for a few days then I tried to do a strength training session today and it just crashed either after starting the activity, after finishing a set and trying the delete a session. I’ve had this watch for almost a year now without issues until the last month. For the price of this watch it should last much longer then a years.

• Yes, the problem persists, the problem is that when it crashes when for example saving an activity and (continue later). So it starts up into activity after a random reset, but even when the GPS starts up, it doesn't count kilometers anymore. It happened several times! The best prevention is to do a soft reset once every 5-6 days. Unfortunately, even in the new beta this problem is not solved. I'm also sorry because the watch didn't do that for the first 3 months.