This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Instinct 2S Solar crashing randomly

Hi,

yesterday my watch crashed during trail running and then couple of minutes after the activity. The latest crash was last night and I lost sleep data. Is this software or hardware issue?

BR,

Janne

• An alpha version came out to fix this supposedly

Reviewing the tracking case, it has not been resolved and continues to be worked on by engineering to find the cause to fix it.

• Oh wow. So I tried this -- disabled the Rabbit card (along with its "express transit" feature), and it hasn't crashed in the few days since then. Also tried crashing it with Resume Later (normally a foolproof way of crashing the watch) and wasn't able to. Fingers crossed that this is the solution...

• My method works so far as well for me. I guess 8 days now without a crash. Wonder if there is some sort of memory issue with the watch? Runs out of memory and therefore crashes?

• Holy Moly. My daily crashing I2 solar stopped crashing since I disabled the NFC.  Is that Rabbit card the cause of all the problems on the APAC machines? Or does the international version also come with the Rabbit card included?

• How do you disable NFC? I need to find an answer as Garmin support clearly don't care, I lodged a support ticket with them but they don't seem to care so I have to try to find my own solution

• Highly doubt the international version comes with the Rabbit card, as that is an e-money card used in Thailand.

• Go to your Instinct device settings on the Garrmin Connect app (tap on the watch icon at the top in the My Day page). Then tap on Garmin Pay. There, tap on the Rabbit Card to disable it. Also make sure that "Rapid Pass Card" is set to None (which should automatically happen if you disable the Rabbit Card)

• you can go to CONNECT app, tap the watch icon on the top, then you will find the "Garmin Pay" to operate.

• Mine is solar instinct 2 and have the same issue

• Again a crash during a Race an activity in the middle of a run, a week or so after a watch reset. Actually, there was another crash a few days before, right at the start of a run with navigation.

No patience anymore to wait for a software fix in several months (APAC) and pray at each run for the watch to make it through the end… And highly doubt that the local support will be able to solve anything software related. Now is a good timing to switch back I guess Apple