This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Fenix 7 Pool Swim is Giving No Distance

Fenix 7 swimming. Has anyone else had any issues with pool swimming with the fenix 7? I just swam for 40 mins and I logged hr OK but no distance! Pool length was set to 25m.

On default settings I think. 

• Same problem with 7.24 no swim distance unless you power off and on before swimming.

and other bugs like if I select no timeout for backlight for general use sometimes it does not save it and backlight turn itself off after a minute but after testing 15s and 1min option somehow it recognised no time out and now its stays on. 

buttons also feel crap… looks like Garmin going downhill with their premium watches. Anyone tried Coros?

• It's OK to complain about the swim distance problem that Garmin acknowledges they are working on, but to say it is a bad watch and that Garmin is going downhill is ridiculous.  It is an amazing watch.    

• Running into the same issue with Fenix 7S solar sapphire. Worked fine the first use on Friday. Wouldn’t record distance today, even after restart. Distanced only seems to be an issues when swimming, as run mode still works. Please advise. Not acceptable for a $900 watch

• Today I tried using Pool Swim and I had the same problem. is there any solution? or I should try using my warranty?

Updated May 11th, 2022:

This issue is resolved after updating to software version 8.18.

- v8.18 Software Release

• If something not working as advertised what you would call it then? I was expecting a Garmin watch to open the box set it up and focus on hitting the training targets and enjoy a device what we paid for. I do hope one day the fenix 7 will be an “amazing” watch as you said because I would praise it too but not with these annoying issues. Garmin also confirms battery drain issues on fenix still occuring. I do hope they fix these issues sooner or later and finally we get a product we payed for?!

• Also having this issue. It's unrelated to intervals, as I swim consistently and do not rest at the wall. It's super frustrating and I never had it with the 6s

• my Aftershokz Aeropex worked like a champ on my Fenix 5x sapphire. Music quality not so crisp like fenix 5. Also it disconnects while cycling. No golf tracking distance that connects to strava and also no Swim pool distance. At this point I don't know what is not working too.   

• Update: After experience that issue i rebooted the watch and swim distance worked today.

This workaround can help, but i hope garmin can fix that problem soon.

• Updated May 11th, 2022:

This issue is resolved after updating to software version 8.18.

- v8.18 Software Release

• The first time this happened to me, step 1 got it going. The second time I had this issue, step 1 didnt do it so I performed step 2 and that did the trick. Was hoping to see a fix for this with your latest beta but I guess we will need to wait a little longer.